Abano Grand Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Terme Roma(Abano Terme)
View Hotel
Hotel Europa Terme(Abano Terme)
View Hotel
Hotel Terme Patria(Abano Terme)
View Hotel
Hotel Terme Bologna(Abano Terme)
View Hotel
Terme Milano Hotel(Abano Terme)
  • Breakfast included
Terme Venezia Hotel(Abano Terme)
View Hotel
All reviewsthermal poolsmany times in the pasthalf pensiongrand buffetstandard roomthe hotel offersdining roomspa experiencethe hotel staffnice shoppingwonderful hotelfitness roomroom was largespent a weekhighly recommend this hotelhigh qualityfeel at home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I enjoyed my stay at this Hotel. It sits right at the heart of small Abano Terme, has excellent SPA and restaurant, rooms are very nice and very large, the swimming pools are great, the Grotto (a sauna steamed with natural heat coming from underground) is very nice. If I found a defect was in the massage services, which were below expectations, with the staff talking a lot about how much work they had to do and how tired they were.... not very nice.
Food was so good that, well, if you go there to lose weight with a lot of mud baths.... well, it will be tough! Restaurant staff was amicable and helpful and did not make me feel guilty ......

Room Tip: Ask for room with view on Park or Swimming pool
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Guest_Relations049, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Abano Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2011

Dear GPS001

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback on your recent stay at the Abano Grand.
We are absolutely delighted that you so enjoyed our outstanding Restaurant and the Spa. Of course I shall very much enjoy passing your comment onto them.
Please do contact me directly upon your next visit and we are looking forward to welcome you back. Thank you for the time and effort with regards your comments.

Please do contact me directly upon your next visit, we are already looking forward to welcome you back. Thank you for the time and effort with regards your comments.

Guest relations Manager
Abano Grand Hotel
GB Thermae Hotels Srl

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We have stayed at Abano for two weeks in August and we have enjoyed every day. The hotel management makes an effort in making you feel at home and giving you a luxurious experience. The dining room is very elegant, the food is diverse, plentiful and always excellent. The pool barbeque is delicuious. The Bar is of a different league with rare spirits and well prepared cocktails. The hotel management is making an effort in entertaining the guests with live music, fashion shows, and other events. There are three pools, with different temperatures, indoor and outdoor to meet any weather or personal need. We had a standard room (very large itself) with balcony and a huge bed. Plenty of things to do in the vicinity of Abano, Venice, Verona and many small towns to discover. Strongly reccommended to couples who wish to relax, families to keep their kids under an arms reach and whomever needs treatments at the hot spring/mud/etc. we look forward to returning.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Abano Terme makes a unexpectedly enjoyable base for independent travelers to the Veneto. The family-owned Abano Grand is up to date and meticulously maintained. The pools, spa and of course the mud baths (well loved by the European and Russian visitors) impress, The teamwork and attentiveness of the staff are remarkable. You'll find few Americans but many happy guests of various nationalities here, which is part of the fun.
Venice, Verona, Padova, Monselice, etc. are all reachable. The town is worth a stroll, and having a car will make it more enjoyable to visit the smaller towns in the area. Buffet style meals are fresh and abundant but don't except haute cuisine. Order local wines; your bottle stays at your table until you finish it, even if it's a day or two later.

Room Tip: you'll find all thr rooms here extremely spacious
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at The Abano Grand June 20th for 4 nights. The property grounds are beautiful, and the pools pristine! And the food WOW! I have not stayed a hotel with better food! We were on half board, and both the breakfasts and dinners were amazing! I never had better risotto in my life! All 4 courses for dinner were done exquisitely. The wait staff were top notch...these servers have been with the hotel for years. They are quietly elegant and superior in their craft. The dinnerware was of amazing quality along with the silver utensils. This is hard to find in the hotel business these days! The servers all know you by name, and each night you sit at the same table in the dining room, and they remember all the little things you like and go out of their way to make each dinner special. I noticed that the wait staff worked many long hours, as they would be on breakfast duty and then working again at dinner service...however; they ALWYAYS had big smiles on their face when they greeted us!

The only downfall in the hotel is lack of staff at the concierge, and no bellman ever to be seen. When we did need to change our room, it took more then 30 minutes for the bellman to show up and that was after we called the front desk 2 times. We carried our own bags to the room and also pulled them back when we left. At this quality of hotel, there really should be someone there when you need them.

Besides this, we had the most amazing time. Abano Terme is beautiful, and this hotel is better then the Ritz in my opinion. We took the hotel bikes one afternoon and explored the whole town. It was very easy to get around and you were able to see many things. The hotel is PERFECTLY located in the town, and very close walking distance to great shops, bars and restaurants.

We did Fango treatments each morning, and it was lovely. You must partake in this when you go there. It made our body "buzz" all day. However; please beware that you have to see the Doctor on staff before you can do the Fango which we did not know and we were not told there was a charge for this. When I got the bill there was a 45.00 charge for each of us on our bill for this 10 minute quick check-up.

Please go to this hotel if you have the opportunity. We are a well travelled couple and have been to more then 50 countries, staying in 5 star properties around the globe. This is one that we will remember FOREVER!

Room Tip: Get Deluxe~ worth it, on front of hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dpottle
Guest_Relations049, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Abano Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

Dear Madam,

I was very glad to hear that you had a great stay at the Abano Grand and I thank you for mentioning it on Tripadvisor. I was glad that you enjoyed the service
in the Restaurant, your meals and the Fango treatments which are absolutely a must for our Guests, although a medical examination is compulsory.
I have shared your positive feedback with my whole team and Iam looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the Abano Grand

Guest Relations Manager
Abano Grand Hotel - GB Thermae Hotels

Reviewed 4 July 2011

We just came back from a wonderful trip to Italy. We stayed in Abano Grand Hotel in Abano Terme. Hotel is sparkling clean and service was outstanding. Antiaging spa has a whole variety of treatments including their special mud wraps, very professional masages and facials. Breakfast is great, they have variety of juices, eggs, breads, cheeses etc.. Lunches and dinners at their restorant were outstanding with great foods and exellent services. We had a rental car and drove around the area to see Venice, Padova and Verona. It was wonderful to come back and go to the pool filled with termal water and rest. Beds are very comfortable. The only thing is that they don't have a clock in the room and you need to turn on the lights in the middle of the night to find out time. But I guess it is not too important if you are on vacation, especially if they have a wake up call services. I would recommend this hotel without reservations and I already did to my friends. Especial thanks to Serghei, Franchesca at the reception desk, Fausto and Franchesco (managers). They all were very helpfull.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Natalya 48,

Thank you so much for your very kind comments following your recent stay with us. We were absolutely delighted that you enjoyed so much our food and beverages services and our Antiaging Spa with our special mud wraps and facials. Our central location in the very heart of Veneto region is a major asset and to rent a car, as you did, is the best way to visit Venice, Verona, Padua.
I have shared your feedback with Sergey, Francesca and Fausto.
I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back very soon
With my best regards,