All reviews two blocks old town marinella diego castle mother words square balcony grappa bridge venice bassano
Reviewed November 11, 2017

I have had the opportunity to stay here many times and I will continue to return...... For me this hotel is all about the location.... Right in the Centro so it is an easy walk to all the sights and parking is includedtoo!!.The Staff are very friendly and breakfast is very good. I have stayed inmany differnet room and I found them all cozy and comfortable.... This is always my first choice for a Hotel in Bassano...

Room Tip: Free Parking!!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
DIEGOeMARINELLA, Direttore at Hotel Al Castello, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Thank you for the review, it is always a pleasure have a guest like you in our hotel.
We're very happy to give you this kind of experience in Bassano.
We wait for the next visit in Bassano and also in our hotel.
Best regards from all the staff of the Hotel al Castello

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at Hotel Castello in room 10 - it was a lovely room, spacious, clean & comfortable.
The staff were very helpful and friendly- they met every request with a smile and did d their best to assist
The room overlooks the old town and has a very cute standing room balcony
I would recommend staying here for your visit to Bassano

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
DIEGOeMARINELLA, Direttore at Hotel Al Castello, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Dear Big Al Biasin , thank you very much for your review.
We are happy she has spent a great vacation with us.
Let our customers a great memory for us is the most delightful satisfaction.
Many greetings from all of us.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

We arrived and were helpfully given a parking space right outside the hotel in an area which is difficult to park. That was effectively the end of our visit as the room we were allocated, while fine for a back-packing couple (twin beds in a traingular room with beds at an angle to each other), did not suit a late middle-aged couple on holiday! We asked to see other rooms but were informed they were fully booked so we checked out (and paid).Our room number was No.1 - so while we did not see any other rooms I would not recommend staying there if is this is the only room they have available. We did not sample any other services.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
DIEGOeMARINELLA, Direttore at Hotel Al Castello, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

thank you for your review.
sorry that you didn’t like the room you reserved, and that all the others were occupied.
We always try to provide all the details of all rooms during your booking (PHOTOS, room sizes, comforts, price, etc.).
Sorry this time was not enough

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

The proprietors made us feel very welcome.
The hotel is immaculate, the room was really nice.
We had a good breakfast with a variety of options.
Direct train link to Venice ( trains every half hour).
Pretty little town to wander around in the evening.
Highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

We totally agree with you!
Hope to see you back soon here in your pretty little town :)

Diego and Marinella

Reviewed September 17, 2016

We had a small (European sized) immaculately clean room and updated bathroom on the 1st floor with a beautiful view of the town. We had a tasty traditional breakfast of coffee, cheese, salami, fruit, cereals, juice and bread rolls and jam. Only a couple of short blocks from Al Castello were the main town squares with coffee shops, ice-cream parlors and restaurants. Actually, there was a lovely restaurant (can't remember name) directly to the front and left of the hotel with excellent food traditionally seasoned. The wi-fi was also very good and there is excellent parking directly behind the hotel. The air-conditioning works very well and if one finds it too chilly, we found putting a chair in front of it, with a towel over it will block the excess cool air. (Mind you, in the very hot days in which we stayed there, it was very welcome to have cool air rather than humidity.) On Saturday night, it can get a bit noisy but the windows are double glazed and totally block out all sound. There is also a very pretty terrace on the front of the hotel in which to enjoy a glass of wine or a coffee. The square is also lovely with a view of the mountains behind and to the sides of the hotel as you are walking.

The staff were welcoming and friendly and provided us with a bottle of water for free every night.

We had a very unfortunate health scare the very first night that we arrived. My husband came down with terrible stomach pains and with the help of the kind woman who ran this hotel, a doctor came within the hour and an ambulance was called to take my husband to the hospital. Fortunately, it was only a mild illness which will be taken care of by medication.

The owner and her son behaved in a compassionate and caring way; asking if there was anything they could do, bringing us water and even bringing soft croissants for my husband's breakfast as he could eat only very few items. The cleaner brought fresh towels even when my husband could not leave the room. She also phoned for a taxi for us when we wanted to see a booked show in Marostica as my husband couldn't drive.

When I say, "A three star with a five star heart" I mean it! This hotel outshines many five star hotels in service and is a true example of the many kind, polite and friendly Italian people whom we met in Italy. Even though I can't speak Italian, the hotel owner and staff listened with their hearts and did everything they could to understand and help.

If you love traditional charm instead of a modern, metal box and if you prefer to meet local people such as the delightful owner and her son, then this is the hotel for you!

Definitely a five star staff. I will stay at Al Castello if we are ever in the Bassano del Grappa area again.

Many thanks to you all for your kindness during our unfortunate experience.

Room Tip: Room 10 on the first floor is very comfortable with a pretty view.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
DIEGO C, Direttore at Hotel Al Castello, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2016

Thank you wholeheartedly for its beautiful words used to us, made us so much pleasure make you feel good in our hotel and its review for us is the best gift you could let us ..... with such affection Diego and Marinella