All reviewsexcellent hotelgreat locationflavorsummerislandelbabeach
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

I've been for the second time in this hotel and I enjoyed it even more than the first time. I loved as usual the view, the personal who is very kind and try to satisfy all your requests (I feel to my mom's house when I am there) , the tasty dinners chef Bruno prepares you !
This year I noticed it was renovated making it incredibile warming and welcome, surely I would return there next time I'll come to Elba and definetely I recommend it!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
flipper5858, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Barracuda, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Dear Ramona,
many thanks for the nice review, we are really glad you enjoyed the renovated hotel and the food prepared by our Chef Bruno!. The satisfaction of the guests is our greatest joy and your good reviews are the best form of gratification.
I hope I still have the opportunity to see you here in Elba, and in the meantime I wish you the best.

A warm greeting

Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

This summer me and my girlfriend decided to spend a weekend in the amazing Isola of Elba. My girlfriend is from Spain and she was amazed by the beutiful location (2 mins from the sea), but what really made the difference was the friendly staff of the hotel. It really created a dream-vacation through genuine care and professional service. I am defenetly going to go back and I advice the hotel to anyone who wants to enjoy a relaxing and fun weekend in Elba.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
flipper5858, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Barracuda, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2017

Dear Leandro V ,
A special thanks for the beautiful words and for the time that you dedicated to this review.
We are really glad the hotel was up to your expectations and we hope to have another chance to host you again in our enchanting Islad!
See you soon

Reviewed October 6, 2016 via mobile

The food never varies. It is pretty good for dinner and the breakfast is consistent. A couple of the dishes were excellent. Lots of seafood. Big surprise as Elba is an island, after all. The Croissants at breakfast were
too good!

Service is good at meals for the most part. The special requests by some in our party (no sauce on the fish) went unheeded but eventually was put right.

The rooms are small. It was clean.
The front desk folks were helpful.

We had a misunderstanding on getting a pick up from the ferry and from a beach but apologies were given. One cost some Euros, the other only some time.

The pool is very nice.

Not on the beach, but close.

All in all, a good place to stay.

Recommended.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
flipper5858, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Barracuda, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Dear Robert D,
Thank you so much for your review and for the time you've been devoted to writing it.
We are very glad that you liked the hotel, the pool and the food too.
The Hotel and all the staff hope to see you again in the future.
Best regards

Reviewed June 25, 2016

I stayed in the excellent Hotel Barracuda for a week with a group. When I had a nearly sleepless night due to a snoring room-mate, I was anxious to get a single room. I was quite fortunate that there was a single room available. When I asked how much more I had to pay, the hotel offered me the single room for the same price! Grazie mille, Federica!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2016

My mum and I stayed here for three nights in May and had a wonderful time. Our room was across the road from the main hotel and was a little apartment essentially, with a kitchen area, very nice big, clean bathroom, a large double bed and a very comfortable double sofa bed. We also had our own outside terrace area and the gate was very secure.
The beach is only five minutes walk down a quiet road and is beautiful - lots of lovely restaurants and bars and sun-beds/umbrellas for hire.
The hotel has a large, clean pool and sun-lounge area where there was always space despite the hotel being busy. The included breakfast was very good - bacon and eggs as well as the usual meats/cheeses available in Italian hotels, plus lovely fresh croissants and a choice of juices. Coffee is good - no thermoses but instead your order is taken and fresh cups brought when requested.
The dinner was not quite so good; we ate here once and there was a limited choice and quite heavy food, but the restaurant has a nice atmosphere and the waiting staff are lovely. In general the staff were friendly and helpful and we were impressed.

Room Tip: The individual apartments are lovely
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family