“Lovely view and great food”
Review of Kontiki

Kontiki
Reserve with
Kontiki is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Il Kontiki è uno dei ristoranti storici dell’isola d’Elba, completamente ristrutturato nel 2001, è realizzato in una naturale struttura in legno e situato su un ampio terrazzo dal quale domina il golfo di Marina di Campo e la sua ampia spiaggia di sabbia.La sala interna circondata da ampie vetrate può ospitare fino a 100 persone, con la terrazza sul mare e l’accogliente giardino il ristorante riesce ad accogliere fino a 170 persone.Il kontiki è aperto da marzo fino alla metà di novembre: nel periodo di bassa stagione è chiuso per riposo settimanale il mercoledì, nell’alta stagione è aperto tutti i giorni.Dalla metà di giugno alla metà di settembre, il ristorante è aperto solo la sera, fino a tarda notte.
Reviewed July 3, 2017

Despite booking Kontiki at the last moment, they were more than happy to accommodate our party of 16. The setting of the restaurant over looking the harbour, with the sun setting, could not have been better.
From the very begining Mario (or was it Luigi!) and the rest of the waiting staff were welcoming and attentive. We had a lovely selection of fish starters that was just perfect. Most of the group had the catch of the day (a 30 pound Amberjack), cooked with potatoes and vegetables - which was fantastic.
Kontiki's is not the cheapest meal we had on Elba Island but overall I would definatley recommended it, particularly if you love fish!

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

After a long day of sailing, it was an unforgettable dining experience for me and 7 friends.
Mario (who eventually spoke Hungarian, too) was very kind, a role-model of a real host; the food and wine was excellent, the view on the harbor magnificent.
Don't miss this place if you're around; we all hope to come back again...

Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

Very disappointing meal here since location looked promising
After an hors d'oeuvre which was served very quickly we had to wait an hour for main course even though restaurant had lots of waiters and wasnt full when we placed our order
The staff did not apologise for delay and were even rude!to end the evening off they charged us for dessert which we had not eaten and bill was way over top for quality of meal
Definitely wont return
Erika G

Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

Nice view overlooking the fishing harbour and the bay. Large restaurant with roof terrace. Clearly popular - there were queues when we left and the bill arrived without being requested (admittedly, we had not booked and I think they did some shuffling to accommodate us). You need to be able to climb stairs to get to the restaurant which which is on the first floor and also to to the toilets which are on the ground floor.

We both had grilled small red fish which I regret to say I cannot name (they were local and fresh - we were shown all the fish available on a platter before we ordered). They came on a bed of sliced courgettes and a couple of other veg. We asked for potatoes which we were told were baked but they were really sautéed. The fish was nice but very small portions even for us (we are not big eaters and I think this is the first time I have ever complained about portion sizes). That plus a bottle of water and a €19 bottle of Elba white wine came to a total of €86 which we thought was steep. Service was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed August 7, 2016

I never want to leave because everytime I come back it surprises me, the environment is chill , the service is kind and all the food is incredible and very tasty!

Mimmo il comandante and the whole group make me always come back. I think this is one of the best restaurants in Elba.

Greetings!