“Great food in a very romantic outset”
Review of Da Piero

Da Piero
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Been there last week with my wife for a special occasion and despite a tedious discussion on our reserved table with the restaurant sommelier (...not sure why he was interfering with the waiters? !... thankfully the matre got involved and resolved it brilliantly) we had a wonderful dinner and lovely time together.
The outstanding quality of the food and beautiful location well deserves the pricy bill!
Suggest to visit it and book well in advance specifying you want one of the best tables (...those facing the beach).

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

Reservation recommended, fantastic sea food starters and delicious grilled daily fresh fish, should be visited in Marina di Campo

Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here twice, both of the times the food was really great. It is pricey but the quality of the fish and seafood is great. And the position with the sea view is amazing! It wasn't so easy to get a table because they were booked out almost 4 days in advance. So make sure you book the table especially if you want a table at the terrace.

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had dinner there twice while we stayed on Elba. While it was mostly good, the issues were significant enough that I do not think I would return.

The good:
- Almost all the food we had was fantastic - great pasta, great fish appetizers, excellent steak, excellent dessert, good wine at reasonable prices.
- Most of the staff was great, including the head waiter. After an item was added to our check improperly, he gave us free grappa to make up for it.

The bad:
- Both nights we had to wait an extremely long time between getting our first and second courses. The second night I timed it and it took over an hour from when our pastas were cleared til the second course arrived. This while all other tables were served quickly (some arrived after us but completed the same number of courses and left before us). We suspect it had something to do with our server Davide, who seemed inattentive / slow and also messed up our check.
- The crusted tuna we ordered was pretty terrible. I suspect the oil used to fry it was not hot enough, maybe because it took so long to start cooking the dish that they turned off the ovens. I was not able to finish it, it was so bad. Additionally, it was poorly seasoned. I also suspect this was not generally the case as many other diners ordered it and seemed to enjoy it.

2  Thank whtravels
Reviewed July 3, 2017

This traditional Italian restaurant with a modern twist, located on the beach at Marino Di Campo, is a real gem. With a rather large group (16) I decided to book this restaurant for dinner well in advance - going by some of the reviews I'd read.

We were frankly not disappointed - the only thing better then the sea view at Da Piero was the fantastic food and wine.The waiting staff led by the fabulous Kara, made us all feel very welcome and really could not do enough to make this a truly unforgettable experience.
If you are in Marino di Campo, this is not to be missed!