1,600 results
All reviews private beach vico equense shuttle bus cement factory mount vesuvius sorrento coast sea view free towels pool attendant closest town rental car minute drive bar manager hotel restaurant public transport shuttle service large pool
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The views of Vesuvius were fabulous. However, the location was not great. Not close to anything. No options. Our room had ants and the floors were horrible. Would not stay here again. The restaurant was pretty good. Good breakfast and we had dinner there one night.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank louisianagervais
Reviewed November 5, 2018

Strictly speaking, the hotel was nice. The room was acceptable - I was a little annoyed the single room didn't come with any prospect apparently of an ocean view, but that's what happens when you travel solo so it is what it is.

I didn't speak much to the staff, but they seemed helpful enough which is perfectly all good and well.

It is a hotel to relax - nothing really around. It's close to a few sites, Pompeii, Sorrento etc, but you need to travel by train etc. So it's pretty remote. On the plus side, it means it is quite peaceful - private beach, a pool area. So there is that. The bar area was nice for sure. My only comment was apparently they didn't have much change at the bar - I tried to pay for a 6 euro drink with a 10 euro note, so not sure if I was just being odd paying cash, or if perhaps it was just early and the bartender was being standard to ask if I had a smaller note or coins. I personally just wanted the change otherwise I'd have put it on the room... Anyway, it was resolved so all good.

If you're staying here, just be aware there is nothing around which means also very limited places to eat besides the hotel. A few places, but not many unless you want to get a taxi and go elsewhere. If you want a nice retreat (and a seaview) it's great unless you book a single room and it's a view of the road. In total fairness the hotel never suggested otherwise either.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2018

I booked this as a treat for my partner and myself to visit Sorrento for the first time. We booked a private car to take us from the airport but it would have been as easy to have got the train and then the courtesy bus that the hotel provide if you are a little more adventurous. We arrived early to the hotel so our room was not ready but decided to take a trip into town and paid the 1,50 Euro per person each way for the courtesy bus. The driver was lovely and is there to help as much as he can although if your main language is English its a little harder. When we got back to the hotel we were told our room number and went straight up. The room was nice with air conditioning and toiletries provided as well as tea and coffee making facilities. We had a sea view so it was nice to look out and our room was also over the downstairs restaurant. We had booked bed and breakfast only so we went down to the restaurant to have our first meal as we were tired. You do receive a 20% discount if you are staying in the hotel and eating, We were given a lovely table that looked out over the bay which was beautiful to see Naples by night with the lights and the volcano looking out over it.
The meal was delicious and the choice was wide, but be warned it is the same menu everyday with only the odd daily specials. The cost was mid range with our 2 course meal and drinks coming to around £45,00. It was worth it though for our first night.
The beds were comfortable which was good as you need to get a good nights sleep if you are doing Pompeii for a day, and take it from me you will need the day to get the most from it.
Breakfast is Buffet style and there is plenty of it. It is not waitress service either but if you want a decent coffee then asking and offering a small tip will get you that as they do not use the same machines. There is a wide range of cakes and pastries to choose from as well as fruit, yoghurt, cereals and continental meats and cheeses. Take a small snack with you and make sure you get bottles of water if you are intending on a day trip out as these will keep you going and hydrated. The hotel is brilliantly located for any trips and to get to and from the train station. You would use the courtesy bus for this. Ask for the bus timetable at the hotel reception and you can plain your day as well as the train timetable. By the station is what looks like a garage cafe. If you get the chance to pop in there for a coffee or Aperol spritz they are very accommodating and very well priced. Plus its a great place to wait for the bus back.
This hotel is exactly what we needed for this trip and was extremely good but not within walking distance of many places and this was its only downfall. But if you want somewhere as a base this is really where you want to be.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

The hotel staff is unfriendly and the hotel has nothing around. Our bathroom was covered with ants crawling all over. The room was extremely hot and when we spoke to the desk we were told the AC could not be turned on and to open the window. The window has no screen and let bugs in but it was too hot to sleep with it closed. The breakfast was terrible. We did have a nice view but did not make up for the aggravation. I would not recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2018

Hotel is lovely and staff very warm and helpful. The location is good if you don't want to go and see anything. 15EUR to go to the train station to get anywhere. A bit much I think. Th rooms were spacious, I upgraded to a corner superior room with a view. Not sure it was worth the upgrade. Breakfast was awesome, plentiful and fresh. Dinner at the hotel I would pass. Wait staff was not really interested in serving and food was ok.