All reviews breakfast room recommend this b b to anyone jet lag rental car train station tuscan countryside
Reviewed July 12, 2017

I had read enough TA reviews to know that getting a rental car from the Rome Airport could take hours. So, I went the "Rent it in a small village" route. What a great move this was. While others in my family were waiting in line for 2-4 hours for their car... I was on a 1.5 hour fast train ride to Chiusi seeing the country side in comfort and style. Arriving at the train station I called the owner of the B&B, Milena, and she picked us up and whisked us to her place as the rental car place closed at 7pm and with our arrival flight we couldn't make it before that. We settled in and Milena drove us to town where we wandered the streets, took photos, ate a great dinner in Milena's recommended restaurant. The restaurant owner called us a cab home. By the way, old Chiusi is darling and just as you would imagine a quaint old Tuscan village to look like! In the morning, we were graciously driven back by Milena to town and dropped at our rental place by the train station. We had a coffee in a cute corner cafe while waiting for Hertz to open. Even new Chiusi had charm. We were the first and only people there at 9:30 am. We were dealt with efficiently and quickly and drove off minutes later in EXACTLY what we had reserved. All clean, almost brand new. I was very happy with the decision to go this route. We were well on our way to enjoying the Tuscan countryside without any big city hassles AND we had quaint small roads with little traffic to practice driving in a foreign country. We would NEVER have done this had we not gotten courage from talking to previous TA people about this B&B. Milena speaks perfect english, is charming and beautiful and made everything feel easy. The B&B itself was quaintly located in a beautiful setting, clean and functional. Our room had view and A/C - which was a godsend for an American. We appreciated that there was coffee to be had in the always opened breakfast room when we were up at dawn... hours before the scheduled breakfast, thanks to jet lag. Breakfast was adequate but after 12 days in Italy I never had a 'stellar' breakfast. If you can't do stairs, this place isn't for you as there is one flight up to reception and one flight up to the rooms. Milena and my husband fought about carrying the bags up the stairs. Haha. She won. Love Italy, Love Tuscany, Love the people there.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2017

Melina was an excellent hostess. My husband, baby and I flew in a day early from our other family members and decided to stay in Chiusi for our first night in Italy. The B&B was maybe a mile outside of town at the most. The room was very clean and had a mix of a modern and rustic feel. There was air conditioning, which was definitely needed during this time of the year. We received a quick tour upon arriving at the B&B.

Since my family did not rent a car, Melina and her boyfriend offered to take us into town so that we could get some food to eat. The restaurant they recommended was by far one of the best meals we had during our 10 day stay in Italy. My husband and I were able to explore the town a bit after our meal and took it upon ourselves to walk home. Even though we told Melina we were walking home, she sent her boyfriend to go get us to take us home safely. They were both so nice and just went out of their way to help my family out and make us feel welcomed.

Breakfast was yummy and simple. Melina makes wonderful cakes and pastries that were very tasty. It tasted like my grandmother had made it.

The next time we decide to visit Italy, my family will definitely be staying in Chiusi longer and coming back to stay at the B&B. The price is affordable and the grounds of this place are beautiful. We would recommend this B&B to anyone who is looking to stay in Chiusi for a couple of days.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2016

This B&B has a rural setting with a breathtaking and gorgeous view over the beautiful Tuscany. The view from our bedroom was a postcard. Furthermore, all the rooms are ravishing, very comfortable, clean, and the service is very good. In addition, the furniture, tables chairs and so on, are really charming and trendy.
Milena and her staff are great hosts and they treat everyone like royalty!
I would definitely recommend staying here!
Thank you!

Room Tip: Cheap, strategic position, food bio
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2016

This lovely B&B was our first stop on a 5-week adventure. We couldn't have chosen a better place to stay for the first 5 days of our trip! As other reviews have noted, Milena is a warm, charming and very helpful host. We made our way by train from Rome FCO to Chiusi, and Milena picked us up at the station. After a relaxing day of jet lag recovery, which we spent exploring Chiusi (the old town is 1km from the B&B), we picked up our rental car in Chiusi--again, Milena gave us a ride to the Hertz office across the street from the train station. We enjoyed Chiusi, took day trips to Assisi and Montepulciano. Our room was very comfortable, modern bath, good shower. The place has lots of character--an old structure lovingly restored. Breakfast was lovely--lots of delicious sweet temptations as well as breads, cheese, yogurt, fruit, juice, and coffee. We'd love to go back--such a great location for exploring the area--we barely scratched the surface.
Much as we loved this place, it has one full flight of exterior stairs to reach the front door, and another flight inside to reach 3 of the rooms and the breakfast room, so if you have trouble with stairs, this probably isn't a good choice for you. Free parking!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mfred57
Reviewed July 10, 2016

It was a great experience to stay at this B&B. The room is very nice, new and clean. The bed is very comfortable, towels were super good and breakfast was amazing!
totally recommend and if I were to be back in the area, definitely staying again!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple