“Unbelievable great service”

and 1 more site!
La Locanda della Ribollita
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Chiusi
Reviewed 23 September 2015

La Locanda della Ribolita is situated in Querche al Pina which is 7 km from Chiusi where the train and bus station is so you have to get a taxi or a bus to drop you off and collect you. There is a bus stop outside the premises. More about this later.

The rooms and the food are good and up to standard without being very good, but considering value for money, the rooms are excellent and the food is good but expensive in my opinion. The premises is situated next to a road that can be busy at times but we never felt disturbed by the road noise.

The Owner and her son are absolute professionals and nothing is ever a problem to them. Let me explain.

As I said, the bus stop is just outside the premises, but the problem is that the bus timetable at the stop was out of date so we we waited more the 2 hours to get to Montepulciano. At the point of desperation the owners son came running towards us saying he will take us in his car no problem. So he took responsibility for the poor bus service and drove us all the way.

Our next encounter was when the taxi did not arrive to take us to Chiusi train station on Sunday. I woke up the owner for help - She asked me to wait a moment - then she arrived and drove us all the way to Chiusi and did not want to take my offer to compensate her. She mentioned its not my problem it is really an Italian problem.

I feel really sorry for the way these people have to rely on an unreliable transport system in Tuscany - I would really want people to stay over and experience the hospitality, but ensure you have a car or travel at times after 8h00 because early and late - very little happens in Tuscany as far as public transport is concerned.

Room Tip: Try get one away from the road if possible
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Locanda della Ribollita

Reviewed 4 November 2014

LA RIBOILLITA - [ its name refers to a delicious country soup popular in Toscana ]

This small family operated B&B is close to A-1 Exit [Chiusi/Chianciano Terme]
It's quiet -serene- clean and clearly loved by the people who live there.
The best part for me was the friendly and caring warmth of the hosts.
I was driving south and stayed only one night.
I did not have dinner, though the aroma was tantalizing.
Location is good for visiting a number of lovely towns in Toscana and Umbria.
The cost is incredibly reasonable and includes good coffee and light breakfast.
I'm keeping this place in mind for future travels. --Lucano

Room Tip: The owner told me the rooms away from the road were more quiet, but I was very comfortable in my roo...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Danish90
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I had the plesure of saying at this comfortable inn for five nights in May of this year. The food was excellent and the service attentive and friendly. The room was clean and pleasant with all the amenities one could expect in a cozy inn. i highly recomment this place for its reastaurant and ambience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kenneth D
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My wife and I, along with several family members spent several nights at Hotel La Locanda in May. Nice air conditioned rooms. Excellent restaurant with wonderful food and wines. Friendly owners and staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 83tom83
Reviewed 12 September 2012

The inn is lovely, clean and in a great location for day trips with the train station just down the hill. But the restaurant serves what we felt was the best food in all of Italy. We will definitely stay there again on our next trip.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank 2012ted
Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

My wife and wife spent 2 days in this amazing place. The restaurant is good, good wines and really good local food served! The service also was very good! The rooms are very clean and atmosphere is great! If you want relax there's nowhere else to go!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank MarlonHB
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I spent two nights here and the owners are just a delight to be around. The entire staff is very well prepared and know how to treat the guests in an excellent manner. The food was superb and the Tuscan views have no rivals.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple