“Hard to Evaluate”
Review of I Salotti

I Salotti
Reserve with
I Salotti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 53 Restaurants in Chiusi
Price range: US$79 - US$113
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Description: "A symphony of flavors" The culinary tradition of Tuscany and the local culture reinterpreted in a modern and creative flair with the exclusive service awarned by 1 Michelin Star. The dining room, elegant and reserved, it is suitable for romantic evenings and prestigious events. "At the end, what should remain is the taste of raw materials; this is our daily challenge in the kitchen" Katia Maccari, chef de cuisine at "I Salotti" restaurant
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

This is a hard review to write. Do you focus on the experience or the food? The experience is off the charts, with great flair and presentation for all of over three hours in our case. The food, however, while wonderfully presented, just didn’t have the flavors we anticipated. For example, I had a piece of fish, that for all its beauty on the plate, was just rubbery without much flavor. My wife’s experience with lamb was slightly different with good flavor but an excess of gristle. We had a delightful evening, paid too much for the experience, laughed at the 93 page wine book that looked like a Bible from the 14th century, but ultimately were a bit disappointed. Of our four evening meals in this area, this food was the least enjoyable. Loved the experience, but head down the hill for better food.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 16, 2018

We had a fantastic meal at I Salotti. The meal begins with a glass of sparkling wine and a look through the water menu. The water menu lists out a couple page of various water options sorted by their mineral concentration. We found a nice sparkling water to accompany our meal.

For our meal we decided on the seafood tasting menu. The dishes were all excellent, my favourite being the octopus.

Service was wonderful, staff was friendly and very attentive. They also spoke excellent English for us non-Italian speakers.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

We were lucky enough to book the restaurant through thefork who had a 20% offer on at the time.

The staff were warm and friendly - not snooty in anyway and gave recommendations without any pressure to take them.

Throughout the meal we enjoyed complimentary mini dishes from the chef including a cheese brûlée, petit fours, a pre desert etc. The food was delightful and the whole experience very enjoyable.

Would highly recommend especially whilst the offer is on. A gem!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed August 24, 2017

Went there for a special wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. The fixed fish menu was great. The service was excellent; very attentive and each dish explained fully. We would definitely return there.

Date of visit: August 2017
Villa_Patriarca, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at I Salotti, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Thank you for this great recognition, we are delighted that you have spent an excellent time for the food and service.
Thank you for sharing your opinion, cordial greetings.

Reviewed November 30, 2016

enjoyed the tasting menu and many drinks with my wife and a friend. service was excellent. food was very creative and fun. sat in a private room and felt like we had the entire restaurant to ourselves. not cheap.

Date of visit: November 2016