“Fantastic day”
Review of RomePort

RomePort
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a Rental car with driver Company that operates mainly on both Civitavecchia and Rome. We offer transfer from/to Fiumicino Airport, Ciampino Airport to Civitavecchia, the port of Rome. At the same time we offer Classical Rome Full-Day Shore excursion and tours of many others italian cities. We have comfortable vehicles with air conditioning and all other comforts like Mercedes Viano and Renault Trafic Passengers or with request, Mercedes Class E. We are young but with a great desire to grow and satisfy our customers. Try with us! YOU WILL NOT REGRET
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We booked a taxi and Paolo for one day to experience Rome. The van was nice and clean. We saw so much in Rome and we still had time to go shopping. He is a excellent Rome driver, he drives safely and he was always on time. He was super kind and happy even we were a bit challenging group with 8 people including 4 very little kids. Very easy to recommend your company. Lovely memories, thanks a lot!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
"driver"
"rome"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed March 28, 2018

Our driver was courteous and patient. He drove us to our agreen destination , then suggested another interesting stop. Will definitely use their services again.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
PaoloOneRap, Proprietario at RomePort, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Thanks so much! It was pleasant. You have been very kind

Reviewed March 15, 2018

Including all the places that I have ever visited in my life, this is the worst tour experience. I'm sure this is not the experience everyone will get at this company, but it's still the fault of the company as it shows that the company had a few options to prevent this but choose not to do the minimum.

We were supposed to meet Paolo, the owner, at the cruise port. Instead, we met a total stranger who spoke ZERO English. Not only that, he had no schedule of activity and no idea where we wanted to go. I emailed the company about our situation and did receive a reply from a lady. She obviously could speak English and told me that Paolo is having a scheduled knee surgery or something, but I could not even get her to call the driver and tell him what we wanted to do. She did NOTHING and would not even respond to calls or emails when I requested that she speak with the driver.

Since we are only visiting for a day, this almost ruined the entire Rome experience. All he knew was to take us to another company called Maya Tours were we had booked our Vatican and Colosseum tour. Lucky for us we met Carlo from Maya Tours who went out of his way to help us! We had to call him after our Vatican tour as our driver was nowhere to be found. He also instructed the driver, and accompanied us, to some of the sites that we wanted to see. We ended up missing a lot of our planned activities. But a big thank you to Carlo and Maya Tours who made sure our trip was not a total disaster.

I understand that sometimes unexpected events happen, but what I can't understand is how the owner of this company, who had a pre-scheduled medical event, not to have a plan B and to have employees who would not do anything. He could have emailed me, have his assistant call me or the driver to assist, instruct the driver on what to do, or at least pick someone who could speak (even a little) English. He had someone in his office who could have helped, but did not help. I suspected that the only reason someone showed up was because we had already pre-paid.

I would have given this 1 star but gave 2 stars because someone did show up and we got a ride to the city and back. Turned out to be a very expensive ride! The driver didn't even make an effort to communicate and acted like he did not want to be there. If you go with this company, you may have a nice trip but should anything unexpected happens...don't expect any assistance.

1  Thank gummyb
PaoloOneRap, Direttore at RomePort, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Good evening Sir.
I'M SORRY BUT I CAN NOT INTERVENE ON A JOB THAT I HAVE NOT DONE!
After almost a year, you wanted to say your opinion, when it seemed that things had been clarified. Unfortunately I had a car accident and for my knee, which was already ruined, I had to do a surgical operation.
As agreed, I sent you the best tour operator in the area, which has well over two hundred 5 stars on tripadvisor!
I did not take any commission for the service.
We accept the criticism, but maybe it would be right to address them well.
But everything is fine. I tried to assist both you and the driver by phone, while I was still under anesthesia. It seemed to me that aside, an initial misunderstanding, everything had settled. Also because the driver told me that he also received 20 euro tip.
As for Maya Tours, it is our partner and is the TOP of Rome like us, otherwise we will not be partners.
I would also like to reiterate that we will offer you a tour or transfer when you return to Rome.
There are things that unfortunately we can not prevent. But in this case I do not think I was wrong and from a hospital bed I tried to do my best.
I think that I have never even asked my clients for reviews, and I only had to log in here to answer you. Because? They are all always satisfied and I recommend friends and relatives.
I'm sorry but I can not intervene on a job I did not do!
I hope I can offer you a transfer or a tour made by us in the future, to show you that we are a good company. And thanks to you I understand that I will never pass a service again if I can not do it!
Cordial greetings
Paolo

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Paulo Rapone, from Rome Port, was our driver for both airline to port transfers as well as a full day Rome tour.
We found Paulo to be amenable, accommodating, kind, honest and professional in all his dealings. He made our experience of Rome, that much richer and enjoyable. Thank you ever so much Paulo!
Barbara & Michael