“Total rip off”

Price range: US$17 - US$47
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2015 via mobile

The bread was a mixture of old and fresh. The 20E. fish was such a small portion and almost tasteless. The Service was not worth mentioning it.
All in all it is hard to understand why someone recommends this place at all.

Reviewed June 5, 2015 via mobile

We had a family dinner at the restaurant. We had mixed grilled fish and mixed deep-fried fish. Both tasted terrible. We have eaten in dozens of restaurants in Liguria and Cote D'Azur. Don't go there! Kids liked their pasta though. Waste of your money.

Reviewed October 22, 2014 via mobile

We first tried it in August on our way back to France. Now that the Summer holiday are over we decided to stop by on our way to Venice. We were offered some very nice Prosseco wine upon arrival. We ordered again the "polpo" served with pesto and olives as an antipasti. Incredibly yummy ! I tried the salad of thinly sliced codfish with aragulla and strawberry. Nice choice too. Then we took some pasta dishes: linguini with gurnards and "langoustines" the pasta is sooo good. I tried the small homemade gnocchi with shrimps and basil ( so translated in French) which are in fact 3 very big tiger prawns and "poutargue". Good choice too. Couldn't eat any desserts we were already stuffed. We ordered half a bottle of the house white wine for 7 euros. It was really nice too. All in all a very nice place, the waiter is quite nice too. I paid 77 euros. Menus are available in French (with some tiny mistakes) and English too

1  Thank Caudalie79
Reviewed September 10, 2014

For sure the best place for those who like fish dishes- pasta and not only pasta! The food always fresh and tasty, the choice of vine is fantastic, the staff and the owners are the qualified persons who like to do their work and do all their best to make your stay in the restaurant fantastic! The atmosphere here is great! It is really the best place in Diana Marina for your evening dinner!
Thank you all the staff!!!

2  Thank Tatyana K
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Ok... I know evaluation are totally personal. Having a house next to Diano Marina for now 20 years, I know Diano's restaurant and have to say that when you found a few you love, why checking others? well we did this year and stopped at this restaurant because it had the Trip advisor stickers of excellences. But far from... really sorry to say so....
Environment and design: Really nice, it is is typical of a local Italian restaurant, type that can attract tourists.
Service: Good, as usual Italian service. Open, smily but no more.
Plates: you can't judge a book by its cover !!!! True, the plates looks great. The 1st plate was tasty (seafood soup) but not exceptional compare to other restaurants in Diano Marina. main plate.... I had the usual local grilled sea fish and my wife the swordfish... Well it was dried.. no juicy and no savor at all.... I am so sorry to say that... but I was quite surprise that this place had excellence..... so Dear tripadvisor... you should check.... as I know that in Diano... some restaurants receives calls from guys offering their service to make false comments and increase their reputation.... check some local Italian website and you will see the truth... You have much better places !
ps: and forget to say... we tried once few days before... and while other restaurant were still open at 2300 this one told us it was too late... .which locally.... I can tell you never happens...

2  Thank Confmanager