“Pricey and Pretentious”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2015

Sadly after my first review I visited the restaurant twice again and in my opinion the food quality have been worsening, while the prices and the pretentiousness have been growing up.
In the past the service was friendly, now is stiff at best.
I feel that people goes there to see, being seeing and gossip rather than for the food.
Oh well!

2  Thank Light-Traveler2012

Reviewed August 19, 2015 via mobile

It was recommended to us, but this place is mostly visited by local people. If you are a tourist you are welcome like leprosy. We arrived thirsty (temp 38C) but we had to wait 30 minutes for the first drinks. Also taking our order was not too quick. Waiter was not too helpful. If you want to choose sg else than on menu it might be against the Italian law... at least it was our impression.
Food was rather mediocre. We had to ask for the bill 3times. (And finally run after the Waiter with the money )
It was nice to see that they can do it else. Locals were served quickly and received some kind words as well.
Hint for tourists: speak fluent Italian and park Your BMW next to entrance to have other experience. ..

1  Thank hellion77
Reviewed July 20, 2014

You have a wonderful dinner in a beautiful atmosphere of an old rural house with a slight modern touch. The service was excellent, the waiter gave us a perfect vine recommendation. We had a three course dinner with pasta, grilled fish and desert and it was just perfect. They use local products and combine them to innovative and traditional dishes. I have no idea about the general price level in that area but I felt the prices very fair and definitely not expensive. The restaurant was fully booked (you need to book in advance - even on a Monday), however it was not loud so it was the ideal place for our business dinner. I definitely will come back!!!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel in Vinci. The man who recommended it to us was so enthusiastic we wanted to give it a try. Pity it was our last night! The place does not say much from the street, but it was one of best two meals we had in our 10 days in Italy. From the first moment we were received with a smile and shown to our table and given amouse bouches, to the menu and recommendations, staff were really friendly and knowdlegeable. Good selection of fish a seafood, although also alternatives for people like me who don't eat fish. Portions were huge, food very tasty and a point. The place itself was very nicely decorated and full with locals, which does talk very well of the place. Price was very reasonable and our waiter very thankful when we gave him a generous tip. It was well worth it. I can highly recommend this place!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I wanted to try a new restaurant and the as always I trusted the review of this web site, so I booked a table for 4 to celebrate the purchase of my new home!
This restaurant opened recently by a restoration of an old country house bringing back the old glow while incorporating some modern details. The staff was cordial, except for the end of the meal where they were purposely (I suppose) trying to get us to notice with some noise while pretending to clean the tables near us, that the restaurant was about to close, we were the last table. We stayed that late because we had really a good time, the company was excellent and the food was simply delightful. We had the mix seafood starter, which consist of a variety of small hot dishes and a big tray of raw goodies from the sea.
We then ordered 4 pasta dishes that were good as well, and we had the Tarte Tatin for dessert.
I will definitely go back hoping they will keep up the good work!