“Is it possible to find a real good fish restaurant in Empoli? YES!!!”
Review of Molo73

Molo73
Ranked #7 of 155 Restaurants in Empoli
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2017

I wenthere for a lunch break wit a friend, and even the district is not close to the centre it's absolutely a place where to go. The dishes, especially the fish ones, are simply delicious. I still remeber the paccheri with the lobster and many others dishes that it's not possible to describe here all the varieties and different but especially tastes.
Just one advise, please book before go there 'cause it's one of the best in town.

Reviewed 5 June 2016

In a land like Tuscany , food is usually excellent and largely based on very good meat ,crostini and red wine .
Molo 73 is a sort of "thinking outside the box" : it is a restaurant with a menu @ 99% based on outstanding fish , either cooked or raw and 600 labels of wine where withes represent the largest part.
I had the fortune to discover this place more than one year ago ,when I moved to Empoli area for working reasons.
Since then I am used to go there quite frequently and still, every dinner is a great pleasure.
Location has been significantly improved and now you can also eat out-side but this place has got two strengths that are not easy to match: quality of raw materials and outstanding people with a great passion to succeed while delivering an unmatchable service to their customers.

Reviewed 16 October 2015

We were served an assortment of starter items, with a mix of raw and cooked items; followed by a Sea Bass oven-cooked to perfection. If you want to eat fish the way it should be, then this place is an obligatory stop.

Reviewed 18 September 2015

Sadly after my first review I visited the restaurant twice again and in my opinion the food quality have been worsening, while the prices and the pretentiousness have been growing up.
In the past the service was friendly, now is stiff at best.
I feel that people goes there to see, being seeing and gossip rather than for the food.
Oh well!

2  Thank Light-Traveler2012
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

It was recommended to us, but this place is mostly visited by local people. If you are a tourist you are welcome like leprosy. We arrived thirsty (temp 38C) but we had to wait 30 minutes for the first drinks. Also taking our order was not too quick. Waiter was not too helpful. If you want to choose sg else than on menu it might be against the Italian law... at least it was our impression.
Food was rather mediocre. We had to ask for the bill 3times. (And finally run after the Waiter with the money )
It was nice to see that they can do it else. Locals were served quickly and received some kind words as well.
Hint for tourists: speak fluent Italian and park Your BMW next to entrance to have other experience. ..

1  Thank hellion77