“Good food in a quaint old building”

Caffe' Ristorante San Rocco
Ranked #8 of 74 Restaurants in Erice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2016

The restaurant is located in a typical Erice structure and has the charming appearance inside that the rest of the town does. The food was very good. I had risottto al nero di seppia, which is risotto in cuttlefish ink, and it was delicious. We had a very pleasant lunch that day. The staff was professional, although possibly seemed a little aloof. We would recommend the restaurant. We haven't had a better meal in Erice.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

On our last night in beautiful Erice we ate here and were very happy with our choice of grilled seafood. The waiter was helpful in assisting us to choose a white wine which we really enjoyed. Pleased that we pre-booked.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

The waiters and the location were really nice. They have a charming terrace, which is great considering how hot it can be in Sicily. However the food was simply awful. 2 people at our table (including me) simply stopped eating after a few minutes... I don't know what it was, probably the cheese, it simply tasted really bad... It felt like they dropped the whole salt pot inside the plate, and even after taking out the cheese, there was still a disagreeable taste. Only one person who took the Pasta alla Norma finished it but disliked) The last person took a frutti di mari plate, which wasn't really good and did not tasted really fresh. He couldn't finish his plate either. In the end, we all left and ate somewhere else (which wasn't good either, it seems like there are a lot of tourist traps there).

I'm quite surprised to read the other reviews, so maybe the day we went we were especially unlucky, but to be honest this was one of the worst food I ever tasted in my life...

1  Thank Naomy B
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

The Antipasto Rustico was delicious. The Busiate San Rocco are the best busiate I ever had. I would give 5 stars for the food.
However, the service was not at the same level. Initially one of the waiter was really gentle and the service was fast. As soon as the restaurant started to accommodate more clients (not even half of the room was full), the service became really slow. More than 15 minutes passed between asking for the bill and paying it.
So, service 3/5
Food 5/5

1  Thank Antonio G
Reviewed 7 June 2016

I came here quite by accident 2 years ago. I have been here twice more now and each time was impressed by the food. The attentiveness of the staff and advice they gave. Travelling with a coeliac is sometimes a problem when eating out, here the staff were very helpful and advised my wife what was suitable and we were never disappointed.