“Great pizza, friendly service”
Review of La Rustichella

La Rustichella
Ranked #18 of 79 Restaurants in Erice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Although listed as a pizzeria, it claims to serve a range of Sicilian food including tavola calda and sea food..
Reviewed April 7, 2017

This was recommended to me by my host in Erice as the best pizza in town and it did not disappoint. It was too cold to eat outside. They have a number of tables on the main square in Erice. It's in a great location. But the inside was warm and had a nice atmosphere.
My server was very friendly and knowledgable. I ordered the Pizza Trapanese with almonds and eggplant and it was very good. The ingredients were fresh and the pizza was ready in a very reasonable time. The house wine was very good and well-priced.

I took a picture of the menu outside for reference and noticed the price of my pizza on my receipt was 1.5 € more than the posted menu. It was 9 € on my receipt but the outdoor menu said 7.5€ I assume the menu price inside was 9 € but I do not remember. I only say this if you are on a budget and pick because of the menu price outside, it may be a little higher? Or it could have been an honest mistake, I did not get tourist rip-off vibes from this restaurant (or any in Erice for that matter.)

The pizzas were large. Two people could share one. At 9€ the price is very reasonable, especially considering the location and the quality of the pizza.
I recommend. It got very busy with couples and groups, and I went in the off-season. You may want to make a reservation.

Reviewed March 24, 2017

I liked the service and the food. We tried various places in Erice; this was the best pizza.

Off-season, there's no outside seating so not obvious this has any seating area. It's upstairs. Beautiful dining room.

Reviewed March 23, 2017

The waitress was very friendly and spoke excellent english; She even suggested to go for a carafe of house wine instead of a more expensive bottle. After many days of pasta, we really wanted a pizza, and we got the best pizza we had in a very long time. Should we ever come back to Erice, we will certainly come back. Absolutely recommended.

Reviewed January 30, 2017

Good pizza, tipico platter well done, good beer. Polite staff and management. Wonderful place on a good winter night. A pleasant place right on main piazza. We were welcomed in even though staff was still at dinner.

Reviewed January 3, 2017

We definitely enjoyed all of the lovely dishes served to us at Rustichella....the service was wonderful, and the evening so memorable!