See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed so much my stay for 5 days. Staff is very nice and truly professional at the same time; always welcoming and with a good smile. Fluent English and German.

Rooms are lovely and perfectly clean. Yummy breakfast, both sweet and savoury. Scrambled eggs or fried, cooked fresh, on request. Organic food, which is a nice plus. Very kind and professional staff in the breakfast area as well.

Nice small private pool just behind the hotel.

The hotel is in a smart position. It's very close to city center and the beach; and you won't hear any street noise because it is conveniently located behind some ancient walls and it is up, off the main street. Silence and relax are guaranteed.

A nice stairway with a view of the town will take you to the heart of the old city in less than 5 minutes. Walk up, and you are at the hotel.

Definitely my #1 choice in Finale Ligure for a midrange budget accomodation, strongly recommend.

Happy to come back next time.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2016

The building is not brand new and bathrooms are tiny but the quality of the service and the prompt assistance of the owners and of the staff widely compensate. Rooms are clean. Towels and bedsheets are new and clean. Breakfast is great. English French German spoken. Parking might be a bit difficult as the free lots are sometimes taken during peaks. Wifi works well.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2016

When we first arrived for our 3 nights I was somewhat dubious about my choice. The hotel looks a bit dated. Our room (20) was quite dated and the bathroom was small. The shower was even smaller and on first use it overflowed and soaked the bathroom floor and also flowed into the bedroom. Not a great start.
However the staff are all very friendly and welcoming and the next day they fixed the shower (the didn't make it bigger but it didn't overflow).The room also had a balcony.
Breakfast was very nice and again the staff were friendly and attentive.
The hotel is situated close the the centre of Finale Ligure but there are 88 steps you need to go down to get into town. And to get back to the hotel you have to go up them!
The hotel also has a swimming pool accessed by crossing the road next to the hotel. You couldn't see the bottom of the pool as the water was quite cloudy so we didn't use it.
I guess this sounds like it's not a great hotel but we did enjoy our stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2016

My daughter and I were in Milan for a few weeks in July where it was very hot and had only a couple of days to get away and see a more remote part of Italy and the sea. I literally had about an hour to plan the trip since we had two unexpected free days while in Milan. I randomly found this on the internet and liked the reviews. I was not expecting it to be as nice as it was. First, from the moment we walked in we felt so welcome. Francesca greeted us by name as if she was expecting us. We did not have a car but walked there in about 15 minute from the the train station at Finale Ligure (go left out of the station and follow your google map…it is up a hill with a lovely view of the sea). The facilities were very clean and the pool and garden immaculate. The people on the staff were all charming. A few spoke English and it seems to be a place where people return again and again. Everyone looked so happy and relaxed. THe beach is a five-ten minute walk and the hotel can provide you with a coupon to get a discount on the chairs/umbrellas. There is a free beach as well but we preferred the private one. After the beach, we found that just sitting by their tranquil pool was all we needed to catch up on rest after Milan. The breakfast had a nice variety of Italian sweets, fresh fruits and breaks, meats, cheese, eggs etc…Honestly, this was the nicest little place we have stayed in Italy so far. I could not have been any happier. Thank you to ALL the staff at the front desk who were so kind.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Erika S
Reviewed June 18, 2016 via mobile

This was a slightly dubious choice. A 'bikers' hotel?? Slightly loud and rooms very dated. Good location and nice staff, fine for a single night but would have been disappointed to stay any longer. It is expensive but then maybe most are in seaside town in early summer.

Date of stay: June 2016