See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 9, 2016

After a long journey full of bad experience at deferent location, we arrived in the middle of the night at Grand Hotel Fagiano Palace Formia, where we found a very friendly and wellcoming staff and we decided straight away to spend our next six days at this location.
The room was perfect, clean, quiet, beautiful sea view from both windows(room 104). The services were excellent and the all staff has been very professional and very friendly and very helpful. We didn't fiind any grumpy staff or any bad Services.
On the Beach we could fiind all the facilities(sun bads, umbrella toilets inside and showers).
We hope to spend another summer holiday in the next years here and to speak more italian because it is a lovely language.
Thank you Grand Hotel Fagiano Palace staff and for your Services.

Room tip: Just ask at reception.
Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed September 17, 2015

We initially booked this hotel for 4 nights. When we arrived our first thought was that it was quite out dated but clean. As it is a hotel by the sea we obviously wanted to spend time on the beach but the hotel closed its beach facilities. We were traveling with a new born but to access the beach we had to confront a long series of steps. We literally had to beg the grumpy hotel staff for beach chairs. They eventually supplied the chairs but I had to carry the heavy chair to the beach where NO toilet or shower facility was available. Once on the beach we asked for an umbrella. The grumpy hotel staff member complained but eventually ordered for one to be brought. The beach was DIRTY with brown foam floating on the service of the water. Eventually after a very short stay we had to re enter the hotel room up the steps to use the loo.when I returned to use the chair they were in use. The hotel staff were unfriendly and generally grumpy. No smiles or friendly good morning. We decided to check out after two nights and we noticed we were charged for the beach chairs that we used for about an hour WITHOUT beach facilities. One of the worse places I've stayed in, in Italy. Very bad hotel

Room tip: Choose another hotel
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2015

On arrival the hotel looked lovely and our sea view room was excellent. Unfortunately the service from the hotel staff was very poor and almost non-existent. Not many people were staying at the hotel so maybe it was out of season, but they only had one person in the restaurant serving. They advertise English speaking but we found only one staff member was able to speak english and was the most helpful of the hotel team.
The area is fantastic with lovely sea towns and harbour. Would recommend visiting Formia & especially historic Gaeta. Also if you enjoy history a visit to the War Memorial Cemetary is worth a visit.

Room tip: Try to get a sea view room as other side not much to see. We staid in room 107 & 106 which both had the largest balcony with stunning views.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2015

We did not stay in the Fagiano but had an apartment very close. Our landlady had advised to use the facilities at the hotel especially the private beach. Our first day we paid our fees and had four beds and two umbrellas in a beautiful spot. The two 'lifeguards' Christain and his friend were very, very attentive and are to be very favorably commended, they were brilliant. We booked day after day and were looked after every time. The terrace of the hotel is special - the menu very good and a lovely place to sit and eat especially at lunch time.

Well done Fagiano, thank you for your care and attention, our holiday was so much better knowing that we could use your little slice of paradise every day.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed May 20, 2015

I have been staying at the Fagiano (and a few stays at the Miramare- same owner) for over 16 years. It had been a few years since my last visit/trip to Italy and I returned this time for a 3 day stop on my Italian honeymoon. I wasn't sure what to expect (this being my honeymoon) but my wife and I couldn't have been happier with our stay! For ease of review, I'm going to list my comments below.

1. The staff - The staff at the Fagiano are honestly the nicest, most courteous, professional, and respectful of any hotel staff I have ever encountered. My wife couldn't believe the service we received (which was so unfamiliar to her as an American) that she didn't want to leave on our last day. We've stayed at hotels in Chicago, NYC, Rome, Paris, etc that cost almost four times as much but their service from front desk to dinner table couldn't even hope to compare.

2. Special requests - Being familiar with the hotel I had requested through my booking.com reservation a room on the second floor terrace. Not only was this request able to be fulfilled, but I was also contacted via email from the hotel to let me know the status of my request. The second floor of the hotel faces the Sea and these rooms have a huge terrace where one can sit and drink wine, eat Gaeta olives, and Italian cheese while watching the sun set. In a country filled with amazing views (and my wife loved the views from Assisi, Orvieto, Cinque Terra, Ravello) the view from your second floor terrace at the Fagiano rivals/beats them all.

3. Cleanliness - the hotel staff did an excellent job cleaning our room each day. The floors were always clean of any sand we might have carried in and we never wanted to fresh towels.

To summarize, I highly recommend the Fagiano to anyone visiting this part of Italy. I use yelp and trip advisor all the time during my travels and this is my first review that I have felt I needed to write (My experience was that good)!

Room tip: Second floor room on the terrace facing the sea. A-mazing!
Date of stay: May 2015