See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

These premises stands completely as it was build in the 70's I suppose. Rooms are very basic, no aircon, and basically nothing extra. The all inclusive food hall concept is rather I charming however if you manage to get a seat outside you have fantastic views over the lake - and the food is actually quite ok.
Pool areas are nice but crowded.
If you manage to escape the thought of a place not being renovated for so many years and accept the terms this place actually works very well under the circumstances.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

Picked hotel as part of a last minute deal, so given it was a cheap deal we were not expecting much. It provided a good Base but wouldn't have wanted too spend too long in the room. The hotel decor is definitely of its time, but was clean and tidy. Single beds pushed together not ideal for a couples holiday. Continental breakfast had a good range of options.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2017

After staying in good hotels in Bologna and Venice, I was a bit disappointed by Hotel Marco Polo.
The reception area and parking are very good, but when we arrived at our room, I was very disappointed. They very much need to renovate this hotel and make it a bit more modern. The bed was not very comfortable, and I kept being woken up during the night as every light on the property was left on, and I kept thinking it was morning as lights were shining in my eyes. The curtains are not thick enough to block out the light.
Also, the hairdryer in our bathroom didn't work.
The view from the patio over Lake Garda is very nice, and we very much enjoyed the dinner and breakfast included in the room rate.
Be careful when ordering wine from the bar and taking it to dinner, we confused all the staff and were questioned when checking out whether we had paid for the wine.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2016

Before coming to this hotel, we were scared, because of bad reviews, but in reality everything is much better, than somebody writes. Very good place, lots of trees, lots of space, two big pools, the beach is 5 minutes walk. Since to get to hotel from the beach or bus stop you need to climb, it should be not suitable for old and physically not fit people. Hotel rooms are clean, though without air conditioners, so it could be too hot in July and August, but in the beginning of September there were not a big problem. I would come back again. For people, who are looking for luxury I would advise to book 5* hotel and not to mourn. Advise: ask room on 1 st floor and no way 2, because from 1 st you can see lake, and you have private balcony. None of these are in 2 floor, which is below 1 st. Gintaras, Lithuania

Room Tip: Best rooms on 1 st floor
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

I've stayed in hotels all over the world for business, for pleasure as a couple and for pleasure with a baby. I can say this hotel was the worst experience ever.
The hotel was designed in 1967 and probably anything that got broken along the way has never been repaired. I admit, normally we stay in 4 or 5 star hotels, but even then. I've been in 3 star hotels for business and never stayed so bad.

First no airco nor window mosquito nets. I've slept in the Jungle in Thailand and there were less bugs in our room. It was mosquitos paradise. The beds are rock hard and the walls are paper thin. Electric wires come out of the sealing with nothing attached. Everything smells moulded. The bad room had mould and the plumbing was corosed. No refrigerator neither.

Second the meals. Breakfast had bread that would come back if you'd sling it to the wall. Cheese and ham taste like water. Our 1 year old eats absolutely everything and here he threw his food on the ground. We went to Garda to eat something descent and there he even ate our food after his plate was finished as he was starved. Dinner was slightly better, but in stead of having waiters in suits with napkins serving every dish on the table as if they work in a Michelin restaurant I'd advise them to put their efforts and money in proper food. The day after and even two days after the rests of the pastas were in the salad bar. I don't know about Italie but in my country health inspectors would close that if they see it. Very dangerous for salmonella outbreak!

The pool is not heated and in the shadow under den trees. Because of the fallen den needles you're feet are filthy in the pool area.
Day 1: 14 euro for 2 bottles of water. Day 2: 4 euro. I got ripped off on the first day!

Positives: tasty ice creams in the hotel and nice view of the lake.

If we weren't there with a baby I would have left to search another hotel in the areas as Garda itself is beautiful.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family