All reviews bella riva molton brown toiletries lake garda eggs to order mini moon modern boutique hotel no additional cost comfortable stay hotel restaurant the swimming pool area cheaper options reception team are steam room main building some great restaurants private jetty spent nights here
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed at the beautiful Bella Riva for 10 nights in June and couldn't have asked for a better break. We are expecting a baby in just over two months and we wanted a stress free, relaxing and luxurious break - we got just that.

The hotel is in a great location with access to lots of local restaurants, gelaterias and Italian cities. We visited most of the lakes towns and villages and the West side of the lake is definitely the prettiest. We also went to Verona which is only an hour or so away. All in all, the perfect base for exploring. We would advise a car though!

My fiance took his bike and spent most days cycling around the lake or finding a mountainous route to explore. The hotel were brilliant at accommodating the bike and stored it in their garage for the entire stay.

The breakfasts are absolutely exceptional. We both couldn't wait to get downstairs for the pastries, fresh fruit and delicious hams. The lunches are just what you want when you're relaxing - sandwiches, burgers, salads (all with an Italian twist). We only ate one evening meal at the hotel simply because we felt it was a little expensive. The food on the one night we did eat was superb however. As mentioned before, there are plenty of cheaper options a short walk/drive away with Ai Pines being a firm favourite for pizza (and an amazing view).

Our room was just what was expected. We went for the standard option and the only two let down's were that it didn't have a bath or a full length mirror. However, the shower was powerful and the room was clean, bright and airy. We had a sweet little balcony that faced the lake. The bed was very very comfy and big. We requested hypoallergenic pillows and received them with no fuss.

The pool area is gorgeous and the pool itself is clean. The easy access to the lake is perfect and a quick dip in it was definitely a luxury.

The service and staff were absolutely brilliant throughout our stay, we felt welcome and were treated extremely well by each and every member of staff. Special mention goes to the restaurant manager who was very attentive.

We were both very sad to leave and hope to return next year with the addition to the family (kids are very welcome).

Thank you Bella Riva for a fantastic 10 days!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harriet C
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Bella Riva for 4 days, 3 nights. Without a doubt it was everything we could have wished for and more.

We stayed in Mansard suite room. The room consisted of a walk in wardrobe, steam room, roll top bath, huge bedroom and really comfy bed (we like a well supporting bed). The shutters to our roof (which opened onto a small 1x1 m square area to view the lake) kept out all light so we slept like a dream. Other than on one day when we ventured out for a drive, we pretty much stayed at the hotel and grounds as it was just so relaxing. We spent our time by the lovely pool or dipping into the lake from the hotel Jetty which I highly recommend. The lake was so clean and also lovely to swim in.

The breakfast was the best hotel breakfast I've ever had. The selection was so fresh and so well prepared. Definitely opt in for it. We ate in the hotel 2 out of 3 evenings. The manager of the restaurant was so good, suggesting great wines to accompany each meal and also just spending time talking to us. The food standard was excellent and whilst you do pay for it, for the quality seemed well priced. When eating any meal on the terrace or inside, the views are breathtaking. The bar man, Enzo also mixed some fantastic cocktails which left us very happy.

Sadly we had to leave. Would definitely recommend and want to go back. Not very touristy which is what we like and the area is just so lovely. If we had had longer we would have spent a day sailing / windsurfing/ hiring a boat down the road or perhaps going for a cycle. And there was also the option for spa treatments.

The experience was intimate without being too much which you can get from more boutique hotels. If I die, I want to live here.

A couple of very minor points. There is no iron in the bedroom, just a laundry service and also no dressing table which was a shame but not an issue.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank 1985waterbaby
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Spent two nights with friends at end of June. The Bella Riva is both stylish and welcoming. A tad expensive but very much you get what you pay for. Breakfast superb, dinner good but not great.
major room tip avoid rooms at the rear of the Hotel that directly face the Church.......they ring loudly all night.....every 30 mins !!!We transferred with no fuss to a smaller room to side of hotel with side view of Lake...............no intrusion from bells on side away from church.
Would definitely return which is the best compliment of all.

Room Tip: Avoid noisy rooms at rear close to church bells and road.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank propertyspiv
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed at the Bella Riva in June 2014 and would commend it to anyone. The rates are quite expensive, but on balance are probably proportionate to the other hotels in this region.
The service and staff could not be faulted and there is a friendly welcoming atmosphere in the hotel.
It is an ideal destination for honeymoon couples, but I still couldn't be persuaded.
The rooms are well appointed and I am told they all have a Lake view, although I think some may be slightly restricted.
Our room was mid range and had a wonderful balcony with a view of the extensive and well kept gardens and also of the Lake. The only thing the room really lacked was a full length mirror; not for me you understand - the less I see of my visage the better - but for she who must be obeyed. A visual check of ones outfit involved standing on tippy toes and locking in the bathroom mirror.
But hey, if that's all there was to moan about then they did pretty well in my opinion.
As others have commented the breakfasts were outstanding, however we didn't sample dinner or lunch. From what I saw these were equally as good.
In terms of location it is pretty ideal and has a large plot including plenty of parking space (which is very unusual on Lake Garda) and a beautiful pool.
If you are going to Lake Garda then the Bella Riva should be top of the list.
Oh, one last thing; the beds are superb. I slept like a King.

Room Tip: All have a Lake view but one or two of the larger suites may have restricted views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The Hotel Bella Riva was one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had. My family travels a great deal and i travel extensively for business. The service level was spectacular- too many instances to note- but the most exceptional was the lovely manager procuring us tickets to a sold out concert at the last minute (Paolo Conti at the Il Vittoriale amphitheater- another must visit- seeing a concert overlooking Lake Garda is breathtaking). They arranged for a boat trip on the lake and a beautiful luncheon. We are sort of visual freaks and the design of this hotel was so pleasing and well thought out. It inspired us for our own home. We were 2 families traveling together with 15 year old girls and they felt as welcomed and comfortable as we did. And the restaurant served wonderful grilled foods - a great antidote to the too many heavy, carb festival meals that we were having. I applaud the Manager, Andrea and his staff for their dedication and hard work. I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends. (do get a room facing the lake, if you can manage- it does make a difference- and it is more quiet.) Marianne D

Room Tip: Facing the lake fully.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family