We've just had a fantastic holiday at the Atahotel Naxos Beach Resort in Sicily. Whilst it's a huge complex you are treated as an individual and all the staff - the cleaners, gardeners, restaurant etc - were all very friendly. We had an apartment style room in a block of 4 (there are loads of these blocks in the complex) and whilst the room was a little "tired" it was clean and ample for the 2 of us. We had a main bedroom and a smaller room with 2 more single beds with patio doors which lead onto the large terrace which had table and chairs and a back gate!! It was exceedingly quiet all the time - perhaps it's towards the end of their season. The olympic pool is lovely to sit around and the other lower pool is also nicely laid out. It's very easy to get to the Naxos beach although the sea is very strong and about 3 feet in you can't reach the bottom so you need to be a strong swimmer to go in. The free bottle of wine at dinner was a lovely gesture as was the champagne for our wedding anniversary which was in our room when we arrived. We decided to keep it for dinner on our our actual anniversary and the restaurant manager came up and congratulated us. The walk to the Naxos resort takes about 20 minutes but it's lovely both by day and night when you get fabulous views of Taormina lit up. We did 2 trips - Mount Etna and Syracruse. The weather at Mount Etna is unpredicatable and it's not guaranteed you'll get to 3000 metres. We managed to but it was so windy and cloudy we weren't allowed to walk around and the volcanologist couldn't take us around the crater as planned. That notwithstanding it was still fantastic to do. Syracruse was a lovely day and well worth it. The trips aren't cheap and we plan to return to do Agrigento. You can hire a car but it's not easy to get around and the island is so big you'd spend a lot of time getting to your destination and likely not have time to see anything. We went to Taormina by bus twice. It's very easy and cheap to get to although the shops are very expensive - typical of Italy. The Greek theatre is well worth a visit as are the gardens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atahotel Naxos Beach is a modern, all-around resort, just a few KM from Taormina. It offers a full range of services, that makes it the ideal place where to relax and unwind in a beautiful location. Sicily's crystal clear sea, its warm sunshine and the delicious food served in the five restaurants are just some of the things you can expect from Atahotel Naxos Beach, along with impeccable and attentive service. The modern congress center offsets the resort's sport and leisure activities, designed for families looking for an attractive holiday location with a full range of facilities: nightclub, swimming pools and shopping center. RESORT: 642 rooms: 189 in hotel (19 Junior Suites), 453 in cottages (63 Superior). Rooms available for disabled guests. 5 restaurants and 4 bar. Private beach. Beach umbrella, beds and chairs and towel service. Medical service. Newsstand. Tobacco products. Boutiques. Photographer. Laundry. Internet Point and Wi-Fi in common areas. SPA & WELLNESS: Massage and beauty treatments. Gym with trainer. Yoga and relax techniques. ACTIVITIES AND ENTERTAINMENT: 4 pools (including 2 for children and 1 Olympic). 2 tennis courts. 2 five-a-side football pitches. Group lessons for sailing, windsurfing, and canoeing. Archery, tennis, swimming, water gym, aerobics, and step aerobics. Tournaments:volleyball, basketball, soccer, water pool, tennis, bowls, ping-pong, chess, diving center, billiards and video games, discotheque, piano bar, entertainment staff, Baby and Mini Club. Near the resort: water skiing, parasailing, riding, jet ski, and pedal boats, Golf Club with 18 holes (25 km). EETINGS, CONFERENCES & EVENTS: 14 rooms and 1 plenary room for up to 780 people in theatre seatings. 1.600 m2 area. A large proposal for all events. Dedicated areas for any type of event with modular rooms. Theme party dinners in personalized, exclusive areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Atahotel Naxos Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atahotel Naxos Beach Hotel Giardini Naxos
- Atahotel Naxos Beach Giardini Naxos, Sicily, Italy
- Naxos Beach Resort