“Lovely stay”

Hellenia Yachting Hotel
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Giardini Naxos
Reviewed 24 June 2017

I stayed 3 nights I was in a group of 40 people. I liked this hotel very much. It's location right by the beach is great & it was a pleasure to sit outside by the pool or in the shaded area for drinks, reading, soaking up the sun or just chilling out. The staff were very friendly & helpful. My room was clean. Some people said their rooms were falling apart, mine was ok, the electric socket that I charred my phone on seemed a but dodgey & the shower leaked but that did not stop me enjoying my stay. Food was good except for the 'Sicilian' dinner, which was possibly the worst food of the whole tour. Drinks are London prices but if you need to save mines then go over the road to the supermarket which sells everything you need inc chilled wine, beer etc plus the make sandwiches & salads to take away.
Hotel location is good, near the shops, cafes & bus station where it is easy to get he local bus to Taourmina
Good air conditioning but I had to turn it off when time to sleep as I got too cold.

Room Tip: Sea view but I had a side room which was fine
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank sue f

Reviewed 21 June 2017

The landscaping and main floor of this hotel are lovely! The room was nice but the hair dryer had a frayed cord which gave me a shock. They clearly knew about it because electrical tape was wrapped around the cord and had moved over repeated use, re exposing the fray. Pretty dangerous!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2017

The location on the sea with a very nice pool area, good bar service, & very attractive public spaces are the definite pluses. Breakfast was okay, far from the best of our six-hotel tour of Sicily, & dinner was adequate. The room was well lit, with balcony & a pretty water view, as well as quiet. The elevators, like most we encountered in Europe, were miniscule & unusually slow. The bathroom was inconveniently arranged, & the shower too small for comfort. Some of the staff members at this hotel seemed unhappy with their jobs & were a bit brusque, but the bartender was delightful.

Carolyn
N. Ga., USA

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel. Great location on the beach. Lovely pool. Good breakfast buffet in spacious room.
Having read some reviews I was concerned that I may have compromised quality in my search for an affordable hotel with pool and near beach. Not at all. We had a standard room (no balcony) which was absolutely fine.
Breakfast was very good. We considered lunch one day but thought it was expensive compared to the restaurants across the road. Public areas and pool area are lovely.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2017

I stayed at this hotel for a week.in early May. I was with SAGA holidays touring Sicily and took the 4 night extension. Having read previous reviews I was more than a little worried but these were completely unfounded once we arrived. People described this hotel as 'faded elegance' but there was nothing faded about my room or the main areas of the hotel. We were on half board and the food was very good. The reception staff could be a bit prickly with the exception of Roberta who was always cheerful and very helpful. My only complaints would be that the 2 lifts are very small and so so slow and the fact that although it was beach weather, and the hotel has its own section of the beach, they had not got their act together and there were no sunbeds out and they were still building the decking to put the sunbeds on. The air conditioning was not switched on and I understand that this only happens when the government says so. It was certainly hot enough to warrant AC so not sure what the criteria is.
Overall it is a very good hotel, on the beach and only a 15 walk into the main resort of Giardina Naxos.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sheila W
Reviewed 10 June 2017

We had two nights at this hotel . Our twin-bedded room was adequately spacious & comfortable . We did not have a sea -view but did have a pleasant shady balcony . Bars & public areas were pleasant & access to the pool and beach easy . The restaurant food was well cooked And quite acceptable .
As in all 4 Sicilian hotels we visited room storage for clothes etc. was parsimonious .

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

We have just spent a week with our son (8) in this lovely hotel. It has an excellent location. Right on the beach...we had a very spacious room with lovely sea views. It is close to supermarket, bars and restaurants. The local bus stop is 3 min walk to take you to Taormina...breathtakingly gorgeous place....must see! They gave us clean towels every day and fluffy beach towels and cleaned the room. The hotel is old style! with Greek theme but we were really happy here...and staff was also really helpful. Next time we'll have more Italian so we can talk to the locals. We loved it here and would definitely return.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family