Fattoria Maremmana(Grosseto)
US$194
Hotel Rosmarina(Marina di Grosseto)
US$166
Ricci Hotel(Marina di Grosseto)
US$200
US$186
Priceline
Grand Hotel Bastiani(Grosseto)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$108
US$124
US$93
Hotel Nuova Grosseto(Grosseto)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$80
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Terme Marine Leopoldo II(Marina di Grosseto)
US$193
US$153
  • Breakfast included
B&B Al Sognalibro(Grosseto)(Great Value!)
US$68
B&B.it
La Tenuta dei Principi(Marina di Grosseto)
B&B WarmUp Grosseto(Grosseto)(Great Value!)
All reviewseasy accesseach morninglovely placeself cateringpisapartstuscany
Reviewed May 18, 2015

Ideal location for a relaxing holiday. The only noise is bird song. Description of accommodation misleading on Hotels.com who we booked through. Management, who were extremely helpful and polite, said they would sort that problem out. Our apartment was at the Pozzina property at the far end of the estate. It could have been cleaner and although the company we booked through said they were serviced daily, they weren't serviced at all during our stay. Towels were changed every three days but we were given extras whenever we asked. Bed linen could be changed on request. The on site restaurant was only average, tried it on our first evening, however it is an independent business. Isacco and Serena could not have been more helpful. The best aspect of this property is the pool, absolutely idyllic if you want peace, rest and relaxation.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2015

It is only when looking to book this years holiday that we felt it important to comment on our view of the Fattoria, in the hope that others may make a better informed decision. As the previous reviewer, we had left our booking very late and there was little available in the area. We booked because of the good trip advisor reviews, but again as the previous reviewer were bitterly disappointed at what we found. The mini resort, was in a poor state of repair and our apartment was not clean (putting it politely) and had several holes in the wall and faults. We have travelled extensively in Italy and cleanliness has always been excellent.The lady manageress was often rude when we queried things, however Isacco, it has to be said, always did his best to rectify situations and remain polite and helpful. I must say that we found the restaurant food good and the staff there extremely polite and helpful. The location is quite central and convenient too. It really was very let down by the dirt and state of disrepair of the apartment, pool and common areas. The gardens and grounds though were kept very well. I also think you need to bear in mind that there is more than 1 properly and the positive reviews may not refer to 'Tenuta Livia' where we stayed. We noticed the other property looked newer and cleaner.

3  Thank mumof3London
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stayed here for the entirety of our initial booking (two weeks) just because everything around was sold out and we had no other choice than staying if we wanted to have some much needed family time.
To say that the advertising displayed on their web site is misleading is an understatement, they claim to have bright rooms when we could barely see whet we were cooking and the house was dark even at noon; where they claim to have a luxurious ambiance, you'll find filthy windows completely cover in spider nets, holes filled with aluminium foil, walls splattered with dead mosquitos and a kitchen that hasn't seen a good clean in ages. Let me also mention that any tap or handle in the toilettes will be loose and you will be able to see exposed cables.
But the over promises don't finish here, the grill that they claim could be used on premise is just an old piece of metal, my husband is a grill fan and he couldn't bring himself to use it (During the entirety of our stay I just saw one soul grilling and he didn't look too happy); the restaurant serves less than average food, for sure you can prepare something better at home with a hand tied to your back.
Quite frankly I can not understand such a high rating, we've been in Italy many times and Trip advisor always provided a good indication of the quality of the places but in this case the gap is way too big.
Last and not least the management is anything but plain rude, after our arrival and checking the state of the property, I went to reception to understand if we had any possibility to move somewhere else. After getting a stark negative answer, which barely concealed their annoyance regarding the query as they couldn't do anything about the holes in the wall or the state of the walls!!!, I asked for the place to be thoroughly cleaned which they organized. If not a nice place at least clean, right? But the following day when we wanted to prepare tee, we could corroborate how the kitchen hadn't been properly cleaned in like.. forever!. The dishwasher had rotten food from the previous occupants, the kettle had lime scale and dust to a degree that I hadn't seen before and the cabinets had a mouldy smell.
The last bit was truly the stick that broke the camel's back for me and I went to the reception again to show them the pictures I've taken of the kitchen and to ask for some compensation since moving us somewhere else was impossible or so I had been told!!!. That's when it got interesting with the manager saying that they had sent an email to my husband explaining which was the state of the property (This never happened), blaming the previous occupants for broken items or ironically saying and I quote "It's always about the discount, right Lady?". Please take your family somewhere else where the management takes its role seriously, you will make yourself a favor!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Diahann B
Fattoria S, Direttore vendite at Fattoria San Lorenzo, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Dear Diahann,

Thank you really much for your review and I am really sorry you did not enjoy your stay here in Fattoria San Lorenzo as many many other guests on the other side do!?. That is really weird because most of our guests enjoy really much and all look forward to come back. Some of them book the next vacation one year later at the check out time. I am really puzzled!
Anyway I respect your feedback but obviously don't share the same feelings and our guests neither ... I am sure the Tripadvisor community will check the rate we have not only here but also in the other main travel reviews web site and all of them show us in an extremely good position....this should mean something.
I believe your experience here have not been satisfying but please respect the job of people like us that work really hard everyday happy to let people live a top experience. This is our priority and you know this because I perfectly remember we provided the extra cleaning service only up to you for 3 days in a row without any extra charge and your apartment was more than clean. Last point I would like to share with Tripadvisor community is that nobody can believe you could not find an alternative here in July (it's not high season yet) and that you have been forced to stay for 14 days!! You were free to leave before your supposed stay but you did not and did not complaint at all after the first 3 days, period when I repeat, we provided all the assistance possible.
Really sorry again Diahan and hope to welcome you again in Fattoria San Lorenzo.
I would like to close inspired by Diahan words...
"Please do you a favour, come in Fattoria San Lorenzo, we will take care of your family in order to let you live an amazing experience!"

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed in August and it felt very private despite the fact that it was full. Guests are spread out across the large estate in three main areas and each of these areas has its own swimming pool. The pools are great and safe for kids. Rooms are clean and well equipped. The people running Fattoria San Lorenzo are incredibly friendly and helpful and gave us good advice for places to visit and helped us quickly with any questions and issues. I recommend the beach at the National Park of Maremma, which didn't feel too crowded even in August, and Talamone and Cala Violina if you're visiting at a quieter time of year. It's not the cheapest place to stay but is really enjoyable and represents good value.

Room Tip: We stayed in an appartment in the Pozzino area which was quiet and had a great pool.
Reviewed August 9, 2014

The perfect base for a family stay exploring Southern Tuscany and the Maremma area..........great pool, not too crowded, and lovely staff who were always really helpful with any request, even when we needed help in explaining how to pay an Italian parking ticket!!