“Elegant and calm”
Review of Hotel Europa

Hotel Europa
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Latina
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Friendly and professional reception, nice modern rooms, lovely terrasse for dinner with utmost friendly waiters who all speak englisch. Typical italian breakfast with lots of wonderful padtry.
More as suggestion than as a critisim: one free bottle of water in the room would make thirsty guests feel even more welcome.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Great Hotel. The staff are great too. Very helpful indeed and they speak great English which puts my Italian to great shame. However they do appreciate you trying to speak Italian. The beds could be a bit softer. But nevertheless a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2016

This is the second time I've stayed at the Hotel Europa in Latina. It's located close to a number of restaurants, but a lot of people seem to enjoy the hotel's bar itself (though I didn't have time to stop in).

This time when I arrived with my colleagues the hotel had lost my reservations. The woman at the front desk was very apologetic that it would take longer to check me in but assured me they had a room for me. In fact they set me up in a junior suite with a HUGE private balcony and a Jacuzzi tub at the same price as my original standard room. So all was forgiven in the end.

Outside of that the staff is helpful, the rooms are clean and modern, they have AC which is not always a guarantee in Europe. I haven't had issues with noise at night. I would recommend

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2016

While working in Italy for a month our sponsors put us up at Hotel Europa for a night on a world-wind tour of workshops that took us all over Italy, this time in Latina, just a short train ride south of Rome. Lobby is spacious. Rooms are adequate and clean. We met our sponsors that evening for dinner in the hotel and the food was good, although as some reviewers have stated breakfast wasn't all that great. Reviewers have also noted that staff isn't all that friendly. I would have to agree. But I am an English-speaker, hardly any Italian and I rely on the multi-lingual skills of so many hotel staff all over Italy--for which I am eternally grateful. I have noticed that smaller towns appear to have staff who are not as facile at English as in Rome for instance. Since I am at their mercy, I cannot fault them as it is I who should learn more Italian.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Very nice central hotel. Food at dinner and breakfast was very nice. Also a nice bar service available. Good central location with lots of nice shops close by. Room and bathrooms were very clean and tidy.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Come here regularly on Business to Latina. This is a good hotel. In the centre of things. The Restaurant is not bad either. Highly recommended. Although the air con can be hit and miss sometimes but nether the less a good place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2016

We arrived at this hotel and had booked a Junior Suite to try and get a good stay. The hotel is allegedly 4 star - forget it - more like a 2 star if that. The hotel reception was so unfriendly and literally did not look at us once on arrival -gave us the room card and pointed to the lift as if the effort was too great to deal with us. When I saw the room it was tiny and very basic, the pillows on the bed just a bit of flat foam and the decor was tired and drab yellow. I actually went back down to reception to ask if a mistake had been made. The curt reception man just glared and said it was a junior suite. We were not staying there for the hotel as we had some family business, and literally came back to stay for the fews hours of sleep however uncomfortable. We had the misfortune to try the breakfast and it was disgusting, a coffee machine served coffee that was full of grains and bitter, a number of other guests also grimaced when they took this. The breakfast bar was tired and food just so bland. We asked for an adaptor and they said they did not have any. All in all I was glad to leave. Would not go back again and would advise somewhere else. Do not be fooled by a 4 star rating.

Room Tip: Avoid and try somewhere else