“Delicious food but be prepared to wait a while.”
Review of A'Roma L'Osteria

A'Roma L'Osteria
Ranked #23 of 667 Restaurants in Lecce
Price range: US$17 - US$34
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

We walked some time to get here, 30 mins wait for the garden or straight inside.
We went inside.
Only problem was a group of Italians with four noisy children who had little attention paid to them by their parents, one mother spent most time on her phone ignoring her children... their screeching reverberated around the room so we didn’t dally.
Mini gnocchi with sage and pork was very good as was the rigatoni. House wine was cheap and cheerful. It was a very busy evening that as other reviews have said they don’t have enough staff. But friendly and helpful the staff were. Service is slow, but the food good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

We made a reservation after seeing a good reviews on TripAdvisor. The restaurant is in the apartment, very nice surprise. We enter apartment and went through apartment to a beautiful terrace. Food was very good, Italian with a twist. Concerning service - they should have more people. All in all, very nice experience.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Want to say thank you to Fabiana and the team for such a lovely dinner here. The prociutto e melone was huge, The fritti misti starter was wow,the steak tartare was incredible, in fact it was all delicious and the service and attention to detail was excellent. So welcoming, so friendly and would highly recommend.
Grazie Fabiana x

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

It was so good, I went back the next day but unfortunately, it’s closed on Wednesdays. My bucatini amatriciana was incredible. My appetizers were just ok. Service was fantastic and the garden is really quite nice except there are mosquitos, so go prepared. They were nice enough to give me insect repellent when they saw me scratching myself incessantly. I can’t wait to go back and try more of the pastas!

1  Thank jenn a
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

A simple sign and an unassuming front door conceal a good restaurant, with a pretty courtyard, serving admirable food. We particularly loved the courgette flowers and the lamb chops.

It's well worth making the walk slightly beyond the old town area. However I have a feeling that I read somewhere that it only opens in the summers - so get there soon!

1  Thank pilkoLondon