1,683 results
All reviews roof terrace sea view amalfi coast splash pool comfort room reception staff across the road excellent hotel half board fourth floor cooked breakfast hotel guests stayed here for a week every evening amazing views sea front santa tecla apartments
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

My husband & I got married in September, our reception was held in Maiori so we booked a room at the Panorama along with several of our guests.
We corresponded with the hotel for over a year making bookings, arranging a post wedding lunch & the staff were always very pleasant to deal with, sometimes there was quite a long delay in receiving a reply but overall friendly and helpful.
We enjoyed our stay at the Panorama, the reason I haven't rated 5 stars is because there were some hiccups & some improvements could be made but overall we were happy with our stay.
We booked a suite, a corner room 418. This was a large room with heaps of space, plenty storage space, mirrored wardrobes, large bathroom with double sinks and a massive shower (no bath) and also a sofa.
There was a balcony with table & chair with a lovely sea view. We found the noise from outside pretty loud at night, we managed to sleep ok but my mother who stayed two floors below with a sea view struggled to sleep during her stay. There were also fireworks going off almost every night which was bizarre, the displays sometimes lasting quite a while, one evening these were set off on the path right across from the hotel so were very noisy. I'm not sure if this happens all the time of just during the first week of September?
There was a fridge on our room which was useful & the hotel provided a cot for our 6 month old daughter. Although unfortunately this was not in our room on arrival (despite having requested this & paid a surcharge when booking) we arrived at around 10pm at night & were left waiting 1 hour before the cot was brought along which was not great for our tired baby.
One other disappointment was my parents in law had booked a family 2 bed room & were told on arrival this room was not available due to flooding & they were put in a 1 bed room with a double and single bed which they had to share with a family friend. Not ideal for all three to have to share be one room & they were not moved to the 2 bed once the issue was resolved either, they stayed in the 1 bed for the entire week.
Finally the other point we were disappointed with was the pool closure on the rooftop terrace for the full week during our visit. We'd been assured prior to arrival that the pool would reopen but when we arrived we noticed there did not appear to be any work ongoing to rectify the issue. We were told to use the pool at the Santa Tecla apartments instead or make use of the beach. We did try the pool at the apartments however the water was freezing, far too cold to take a baby into. There was no sunlight to heat the pool so it stayed like that the entire time. Whereas the pool on the terrace was small & had the sun shining on it most of the day so probably would've been a lot better for our children had we been able to use it.
Also the kiosk at Santa Tecla was closed the entire time, so no option to purchase any drinks or snacks if you were sunbathing which was disappointing & they lost out on quite a few sales during the week.
Now the pros of the hotel;
The staff were excellent, all very friendly & helpful. The staff on the terrace especially went out of their way to chat with us, make a fuss of the babies in our party & provided excellent service. Our party spent a lot of time on the roof terrace during our week, we enjoyed the food and drink & outstanding views over the coastline. It's a very relaxing area to sit and watch the world go by.
The hotel is very centrally located in Maiori & is just steps from lovely restaurants, bars (we highly recommend Tonys), cafes, supermarket, ATM & of course the beach across the road. There is a lovely deli right behind the hotel. There is a bus stop outside the hotel.
The hotel arranged taxi transfers for our party several times during our stay, their prices were very reasonable (far cheaper than hiring a taxi in Ravello) & the taxi drivers were lovely also. They were also able to provide baby seats for the infants which was excellent.
Breakfast was also very good with a wide selection of hot and cold foods on offer. Just don't wait until the final half hour of serving as the food isn't replenished.
Rooms were very well cleaned & staff always made an effort to smile & say hello each day.
Rooms on the fourth floor which has been refurbished were immaculate & very modern. My parents/sister shared a family room on the second floor which hadn't been refurbished & there was a big difference between the standard of the rooms. Their room was very humid & dated in decor. If you like nice/modern surroundings I would suggest opting for a refurbished room on a higher floor.
Overall we very much enjoyed our stay at Panorama & will return again in future.
Some of our wedding party enjoyed their stay so much that they are returning May & June this year.

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

We had the pleasure of a four night stay here in October and loved it. The staff were extremely helpful and spoke excellent English. Our suite was superb with an amazing amount of space and one of the best bathrooms I have ever seen (although no bath, but a fantastic shower).

The view from both our room and the rooftop restaurant was picture postcard stuff, so it was a pleasure to go for the breakfast, although in fairness, the food didn't quite match the view.

It was the little touches that made this for us, from the making up of the room to the way that the shutters opened when you put your key in. We paid a premium to stay in the suite but it was definitely worth it and I would definitely recommend trying to book that if you have a chance and the budget.

My only regret, I wish I had realised that you could change the language of the free sky movies into English before our last night!

Hope to return one day!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank British_Tourist_21
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

Excellent hotel, wonderful views, friendly and helpful staff. They welcomed me with a free cocktail as soon as I arrived. The rooftop terrace has astounding views. The beach was very clean and pristine.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

I don’t know how it is in the summer but I can tell that this hotel was amazing in October. We had two rooms and they were very comfortable, with nice beds and great showers.
The view is astonishing, friendly staff and great location. Prices were fair for the region. Highly recommended!

Reviewed November 7, 2017

stayed for7 nights at end of October.Reception staff absolutely first class,nothing was too much trouble for them plenty of very helpful tips on where to go and how to get there.Room was very comfortable plenty of space with good bathroom and loads of toiletries always available.Kept very clean would stay there again.

Room tip: sea view rooms are very good but can be subject to traffic noise
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple