“chrisnickg7”

Ranked #2 of 70 Hotels in Malcesine
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“chrisnickg7”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We had a fabulous holiday here. Claudio and the rest of the staff could not do enough for us. The room was excellent, with a gorgeous view of the lake, especially good when there was a firework display one night. The hotel is only a short walk from the centre of the town. The breakfast was really good, the only criticism being the orange juice, which was not fresh juice. The facilities were excellent, with a lovely pool, gym and spa services on offer and there is free wifi in the rooms. We would definitely go there again.

5 Thank chrisnickg7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Madison, TN
Reviewed 18 October 2011

In September I stayed at Hotel Casa Barca in Malcesine and was surprised to find that I liked it more than I had expected. To be honest I had wanted to stay at the Hotel Castello since I had stayed in Hotel Castello several times in the past, but they were fully booked during the time I wanted to be in Malcesine. I did some research and discoverd Hotel Casa Barca so I thought I would give it a try. I was a little dissapointed in not being able to stay in Hotel Castello, so I had a preconcieved notion that I would not like Hotel Casa Barca because it was not my first choice, but after having stayed there I can now join the chorus of other people who give it positive reviews. First the negatives: the hotel is not on the water and if you like to swim in Lake Garda you won't have direct access to the lake, second, the place is not in the center of things so you have to take a short walk to get to the middle of town, but the excercise is good for you. Now the positives: The hotel is very very neat and clean and very modern. The staff is very friendly and they try to ensure that their guests have a nice time. The breakfast was very good and did offer a big variety of choices so you should never leave hungry in the morning and the breakfast room was very nice. The room we had was very comfortable and had a large terrace with a good view.
In summary I would probably stay in the Casa Barca again, so now I have two favorite places in Malcesine.
One good place to eat I can recommend to any first timers to Malcesine is Restaurant Pizzaria Italia da Nikolas. It is right on the water in the middle of town and has a great view and the food is very good. I have eaten there three times and have never had a bad meal.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Eibsee
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I just had a sweet holidays in Casa Barca last week. I wonder why they rated this hotel 4 star. This hotel is far out better than some other 5-stars I’ve been to. The hotel looks dear with it colonial architecture, a big sunny garden at the front door with many flowers and trees. They also have a fitness and spa on site. My suites have moreover any kind of comfort I could think of; air conditioning, tv led, security box, mini-bar, free wi-fi connection. It is decorated with the two main tones red and white and simple but classy furniture that fits the place. The terrace on the top floor provides some sunbathing chairs that look straight to the lake and the mountain afar. I have no better word to say about his place but a place in my dream!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Airlinecree
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We had a great time at the hotel "Casa Barca" in Malcesine staying there for one week at the beginning of october and we enjoed it absolute. The "exclusive room" in large and the bathroom is totaly big enough. The service is perfect, for breakfast you have al large decision of all you need for a good start into the day. The hotel is near the city center of Malcesine so you do not need your car, it is just 5 minutes walk. We decided to come back again - soon.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Holdimuc
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We first stayed at the Casa Barca in 2008 to celebrate our wedding anniversary - and returned again this year to celebrate it again in the beautiful lake town of Malcesine. Having stayed at the Casa Barca before - we wouldn't stay anywhere else in Malcesine. We even ended up by co-incidence in the same room. Claudio, Antonella and Alessandro are extremely helpful and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Anything you need, any question you have just ask and they will help. On our anniversary we came down to breakfast to find a gift and a Congratulations scroll sitting on the table for us - which was a nice touch and when we left, we were given a lovely candle in a box. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and I'm sure we will return many times as Malcesine is so beautiful and relaxing. Love, love, love Malcesine and love, love, love the Casa Barca.

3 Thank valgarrett
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We got married at Malcesine Castle in August 2011 and stayed at the Casa Barca, we had many guests in resort and a few stayed with us at the hotel. The idyllically located hotel is of an excellent standard with high levels of cleanliness (and that is based on my wife’s OCD standards!), contemporary décor and meticulous attention to detail from the entrance of the hotel grounds up to the roof terrace. The hotel is excellently run by Claudio, his family and staff. Nothing was too much to ask and every one of our wedding guests (despite some of them not being guests at the Casa Barca) were made to feel welcome; several of them had transfer issues resolved by Claudio because their hotels were unable to help them.

We held a party on the roof terrace for all of our guests at the start of our stay. The hotel provided a bar, music system, pizza, nibbles and a glass Prosecco for all our guests and it proved to be a perfect way to start the week.

As you will have read in the other reviews, the hotel is situated 10 minutes from the harbour and up a hill from the tourist information centre, although this may sound like a negative point, it actually provides superb views over the resort and across Lake Garda, it certainly didn’t cause any issues to us or our guests who frequently visited the hotel.

We chose to stay in one of the suites at the hotel and we were extremely grateful of the extra space with all the wedding luggage, it also gave the bride and other visitors plenty of space to prepare for the big day, yet again Claudio was only too pleased to allow the bridesmaids to stay in the room with the bride on the night prior to the wedding.

The hotel offers many extras which are hard to find in other hotels across Malcesine including the beautiful swimming pool with plenty of sun loungers, sheltered areas in the garden to allow you to enjoy lunch or a few drinks, a gym, an ironing room and an excellent breakfast buffet. The sauna and spa looked very tranquil yet sadly we didn’t get a spare five minutes to enjoy them. If you have time during your stay, it is worth asking Claudio to book you on a trip to the local vineyard.

Once we had checked out from the hotel, Claudio and Antonella opened a bottle of Prosecco and insisted that we joined them for a celebratory drink (we hope it was a celebration of our stay and not our departure!!). Having spoken to other guests on our return I believe that everyone received a gift from the hotel, yet another little touch to round off the stay at Casa Barca.

We both look forward to our return visit and would strongly encourage anyone to stay with Claudio and his family/team. I am unaware of what more they could provide to gain that five star rating!

Room Tip: You will be pleased with all rooms at the hotel, however the suite provided the finishing touch for...
1 Thank Matt F
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Good points:-
* very helpful and friendly staff
*spotlessly clean throughout
*very chic and modern and tastefully decorated throughout
* rooms were very quiet and no noise from other guests
* BBC 1 , BBC2 and Channel 5 English TV channels in rooms
*well-presented buffet breakfast and tables always spotlessly clean
Not so good:-
*location was uphill from the town which was poorly lit with no pavement and was like a river during heavy rain
Room for improvement:-
*mattresses were very hard on a wooden board/base
*orange-juice for breakfast was watered 'squash' from a machine- not freshly squeezed

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank joyce j
casabarca, Proprietario at Wellness Hotel Casa Barca, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Thank you for your review. We hope that you enjoyed your stay with us in Casa Barca.

We are always happy to ear complaints so we know how to improve the Casa Barca Experience.

About the mattresses we have in all our room orthopedic mattresses. We are sorry that you find it too hard, but they are designed to give additional back suppor, so for back pain sufferers, the orthopedic mattress can offer a improvement in their quality of sleep.

We are fighting with the city hall to get a pavement.

Best Regards
Claudio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malcesine
14.0 km away
1.3 km away
Ambienthotel PrimaLuna
Ambienthotel PrimaLuna
#5 of 70 in Malcesine

Been to Wellness Hotel Casa Barca? Share your experiences!