“Wonderful family weekend”

Ranked #4 of 71 Hotels in Malcesine
Canton, Georgia
“Wonderful family weekend”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We just had a wonderful stay at Casa Barca. Everyone was so helpful and kind. The hotel is perfectly situated to walk to town and the cable car to the mountain. It is also well situated for exploring the area. I can't say enough about how fantastic everyone at the hotel was. We do not speak Italian and my father wanted to see an exhibition in a nearby town. Several folks worked tirelessly through the Easter holiday to contact everyone and find the information we needed. Throughout the weekend, every request was fulfilled with a smile. The hotel itself is spotless and very comfortable. My parents, my husband and I, and our two teenaged boys all felt it was one of the nicest places we have ever stayed. Lovely town to explore, just wish we had more time.

Room Tip: We had rooms 6,7 and 8. They all had a lovely view of the lake and comfortable lounge chairs.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TheHurds

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Central Point, Oregon
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Claudio and his staff made this one of my favorite stays on our European vacation! We booked a "package deal" which included some extras like a massage, boat ride and gondola trip up the mountains. Beware: these are not pre-ticketed events but reimbursed upon checkout. No problem though as Claudio makes it easy! This is a luxury-type hotel that is very modern and clean with a super breakfast and is centrally located for a walk down to town. This was our first trip to Malcesine and Claudio showed us the ropes--what to see, what to do, how to do it. His restaurant recommendations were spot-on and we had a fun, relaxing time. Great views of the Lake and service that is top-notch.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank Bobbytravels11
Todmorden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We stayed here when me and my now wife got married in Malcesine, there was a problem booking with the hotel but it all got sorted out in the end, as you have to book direct with the hotel.

This is a family run hotel, but very modern and not a typical Italian hotel, the owner just loved his gadgets! but that's not a bad thing. The location is fantastic for Malcesine, great views, and only 5 mins walk into the centre, plus they give you free umbrellas left at the main door for when its raining as the weather at Lake Garda can change very quickly.

The breakfast is superb and you are spoilt for choice, everything was lovely and fresh, the snacks were of a good quality too, drinks a little pricey but it was the same for all of Malcesine, but wine is sold at a good price.

The rooms were large, very clean, the cleaners came everyday, with a very good size TV with some english channels, the beds were very comfy. And you will love the showers with all the colours from the shower heads.

The "spa" facilitates were of a very high standard and a good place to escape when the weather is not at its best.

A good tip here is if needing a airport transfer book direct with the hotel as its quick and cheap, all part of the good service.

Overall this is the best hotel in Malcesine by far! and I checked out lots and saw my guests hotels which were good but not close to casa barca. One day we will return to this hotel and it is worth the money to stay here, we loved it and it will always be a part of our special wedding.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank eduardandkate
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We had a fabulous holiday here. Claudio and the rest of the staff could not do enough for us. The room was excellent, with a gorgeous view of the lake, especially good when there was a firework display one night. The hotel is only a short walk from the centre of the town. The breakfast was really good, the only criticism being the orange juice, which was not fresh juice. The facilities were excellent, with a lovely pool, gym and spa services on offer and there is free wifi in the rooms. We would definitely go there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank chrisnickg7
Madison, TN
Reviewed 18 October 2011

In September I stayed at Hotel Casa Barca in Malcesine and was surprised to find that I liked it more than I had expected. To be honest I had wanted to stay at the Hotel Castello since I had stayed in Hotel Castello several times in the past, but they were fully booked during the time I wanted to be in Malcesine. I did some research and discoverd Hotel Casa Barca so I thought I would give it a try. I was a little dissapointed in not being able to stay in Hotel Castello, so I had a preconcieved notion that I would not like Hotel Casa Barca because it was not my first choice, but after having stayed there I can now join the chorus of other people who give it positive reviews. First the negatives: the hotel is not on the water and if you like to swim in Lake Garda you won't have direct access to the lake, second, the place is not in the center of things so you have to take a short walk to get to the middle of town, but the excercise is good for you. Now the positives: The hotel is very very neat and clean and very modern. The staff is very friendly and they try to ensure that their guests have a nice time. The breakfast was very good and did offer a big variety of choices so you should never leave hungry in the morning and the breakfast room was very nice. The room we had was very comfortable and had a large terrace with a good view.
In summary I would probably stay in the Casa Barca again, so now I have two favorite places in Malcesine.
One good place to eat I can recommend to any first timers to Malcesine is Restaurant Pizzaria Italia da Nikolas. It is right on the water in the middle of town and has a great view and the food is very good. I have eaten there three times and have never had a bad meal.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Eibsee
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I just had a sweet holidays in Casa Barca last week. I wonder why they rated this hotel 4 star. This hotel is far out better than some other 5-stars I’ve been to. The hotel looks dear with it colonial architecture, a big sunny garden at the front door with many flowers and trees. They also have a fitness and spa on site. My suites have moreover any kind of comfort I could think of; air conditioning, tv led, security box, mini-bar, free wi-fi connection. It is decorated with the two main tones red and white and simple but classy furniture that fits the place. The terrace on the top floor provides some sunbathing chairs that look straight to the lake and the mountain afar. I have no better word to say about his place but a place in my dream!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Airlinecree
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We had a great time at the hotel "Casa Barca" in Malcesine staying there for one week at the beginning of october and we enjoed it absolute. The "exclusive room" in large and the bathroom is totaly big enough. The service is perfect, for breakfast you have al large decision of all you need for a good start into the day. The hotel is near the city center of Malcesine so you do not need your car, it is just 5 minutes walk. We decided to come back again - soon.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Holdimuc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malcesine
0.8 km away
1.3 km away
Ambienthotel PrimaLuna
Ambienthotel PrimaLuna
#6 of 71 in Malcesine

Been to Wellness Hotel Casa Barca? Share your experiences!