All reviewsglass doorrooms are smallstandard roompool areanice hotellovely poolwaiting staffhigh seasonlots of choicerecommend this hotelbeachesblancobalconybikeseuros
Reviewed September 16, 2017

Having upgraded to a Deluxe room, my initial thoughts on the choice of room were.....disappointing. The room was small-ish, the shower room...small -ish., but it was sea facing...the room that is. There was also a foldaway bed under the wall mounted table.....I've no idea where that was supposed to go, had it been required....everyone would have been stepping over beds to get anywhere in the room, including trying to get on to the balcony! I had to go back to my travel documents to check whether there had been a mistake, as I wasn't convinced this was the type of room I'd booked and paid a week's stay for. Apparently it was.....
Billed as a 4 star hotel, this establishment, gave me the distinct impression it was running on a very limited budget...
Of note:
Breakfasts were 'manned' mainly with one person every morning, with a second helper showing face, when things got too much for one. Often I had to wait for a table to be cleared/set, food ran out, coffee machine ran out. Dinner was a similar arrangement....one person on duty to show people to tables, provide menus, take drinks order, take food orders, clear tables and chat to guests......plus serve at the bar.
At the bar, when asked for a drinks list, was told....there isn't one. 'Tell me what you'd like and I'll tell you the price' was the what I was told. Wine by the glass?....yes, red or white. No choices of blends provided....only 'house' whatever that was. When subsequent drinks were ordered, a different bar person tried to charge a different amount for the same, previously purchased drink.....that can happen if there is no printed list of drinks clearly stating what each tipple costs!
In the room.....only one bath robe provided for two people, glasses cleared away never to be replaced. NO TEA/COFFEE FACILITIES in room....
These are just some of the aspects of poor service this hotel charges you 400 Euros a night for in a deluxe room.
I have to say the waiting staff worked extremely hard in their respective jobs....trying to do the impossible and juggle/multi task. It is not they who are to blame for this understaffing issue.
I had expected a great deal more from this establishment....and was shocked to read that they charge 10 Euros A DAY if you want to park your car in their grounds...this on top of the 400 you've already paid for your room. They also offer bikes for use by guests....and, yes, they also make a charge for this facility too. I had a look at these bikes and have to say their variable conditions made me decide I'd pay for this service elsewhere. Some were badly rusted, some had no bells, some the bells didn't work properly......!!!!
One good feature was the location of the hotel....just strolling distances in the town and to the beach road. Their pool looked good too, but rarely saw anyone in it during the week's stay. They offered numerous spa treatments, but the prices looked a tad expensive on reading the brochure.
I dined a few times in the restaurant, Blanco....see separate review. Never full, yet service at times was slow and food often cold. One person can only do so much on their own.....
In summary, I don't think I can recommend this hotel based on my experience and unless the owner decides to review the staffing levels and consequently the service levels provided, I wouldn't return.
It's a lovely modern hotel, which is let down badly by how its guests (this guest) experience their stay....

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms not worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Celtic-Wanderer
Reviewed August 26, 2017

Room very small - was rated as "deluxe" ( so not as the standard room...). Bathroom had no bath or shower as such. There was a kind of one person "bubble bath" directly at the entrance of the room separated by a glass door. (this bubble bath is not connected to the bathroom - the bubblebath has no shower rod.)
strange bubble bath configuration which was also not really clean ( doubtfull room painting quality , dirty corners etc ...) Pricing for this room way too high......
Nice balcony - ( that also gave me a view on the things hidden behind the hotel ( junk, left overs etc ...)
very quiet environment - very good breakfast.

Room Tip: ask a room on the frontal side - higher levels // ( keep in mind my comments above)
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Was expecting an average beach resort hotel and was pleasantly surprised to find the hotel, grounds and service above average. The hotel is not large but well appointed. The room was large, with a balcony and good storage. The bathroom was clean, and could have been a bit larger but did not diminish our stay. We found the staff to be extremely helpful. The breakfast was diverse and plentiful. Enjoyed our stay and would recommend!

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Lesqu
Reviewed June 12, 2017

we stayed here in May to attend a family wedding and it was just wonderful. the staff make this place, they are welcoming with huge smiles. The restaurant is totally brilliant as is the gentleman who runs it, beautiful pool area and the most sublime Spa with really good treatments..the rooms are small but nice.

Room Tip: 5th floor for views.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2016

Spent 2 nights At Mondial Resort and Spa, the view was perfect, and the hotel is located around 10 minutes walk to the beaches and pubs. The staff was so nice and helpful, we planned couple of surprises for my fiance's birthday.
Ms. Raffaella and the team, truly made our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple