All reviewsthe cliffsky barthomas cookclimber busbeach hotelhotel guestsby the bottleshuttle busall inclusive hotelbbq nightevening entertainmentall inclusive packagethemed nightshis teamsmall hotelbranded drinkswaiter service
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

I agree with so much of what has already been said about this magical place, so won't repeat it... But I would really like to thank the amazing team of professional and friendly staff at the resort who work tirelessly to ensure you have an unforgettable holiday.
Alex and Vincenzo are super efficient and run a tight ship in the restaurant - a particularly sweet touch was Alex's reaction when my daughter accidentally dropped her plate and burst into tears - a lollipop and lots of smiles to reassure her that she wasn't in trouble! They seem genuinely keen to keep all their guests happy.
I also need to thank the charismatic bar staff (Fabio and Rosario) for such attentive service, winning smiles and witty repartee - you really did make our holiday one to remember!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank faulksfodie
Reviewed July 28, 2018

This hotel is a hidden gem in a very secluded spot at the bottom of a cliff. We booked an All Inclusive with some reluctancy as I normally prefer self catering, but with a young family AI seemed like a sensible option. The food exceeded our expectations lots of fresh produce and a good range of choice considering it is a small hotel. The staff were amazing, nothing was too much trouble. The wine was great bottles were provided at lunch and dinner or prosecco if preferred. All spirits were branded and there were fridges of Peroni and Coke. There was also an abundance of bottled water both in your room and by the loungers.

This is a quiet secluded hotel that is perfect for a relaxing break. There are no specific facilities for children I.e. Clubs but there is a children's pool and the staff were excellent with our five and three year old.

If you want a quiet getaway with great food and wine I think this holiday is a great find.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Gstaffs
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel last week & I have to say that the hotel & it's staff were fantastic.

The staff are very attentive & nothing is too much trouble. The food served up is also excellent with a wide variety of options at all meal times. My favourite was the BBQ night but all of them were great.

The hotel is secluded & a shuttle bus is provided to get up to the cliff as there is a steep hill (You don't realise how steep until you see it!)

I would also recommend booking any trips when you arrive at the hotel as we found they were cheaper than back in the UK & also better for pick ups from the hotel.

Lastly that sunset is to die for!!

1  Thank Lee B
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

We have recently returned from our holiday at conca azzura and had an absolutely amazing time.
We stayed at the cliff hotel and it was thoroughly enjoyable. We had a lovely big room with a huge sea view balcony overlooking Capri which was breathtakig. As the cliff hotel has no manned bars there we're stocked fridges with Peroni, fizzy drinks, prossecco, wine and bottles water which you were able to help yourself to.
The food was the biggest hit with us, every night had a different theme which gave good variation.And the homemade deserts were amazing. At lunch and dinner you also had the option to order Al a Carte if you fancied, which we did on a couple of occasions and we were very impressed with the beautifully presented restaurant standard food. Very nice wine and prosseco served by the bottle, and also branded spirits. The bar staff were great and were willing to make any cocktail you asked for.

The only thing stopping me from giving 5 stars was the breakfast at the cliff hotel which wasn't the best. This inuded scrambled egg, bacon, beans and got dog style sausages all of which was never very warm.It would have just been nice for there to have been more choice and defintely hotter. However for us this wasn't so important as the other meals definitely made up for this.

All in all a wonderful holiday,great wine, amazing views and the majority of the food was divine.

1  Thank SCopley12
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Arriving in Naples the process was very quick and efficient. Thomas Cook Reps were around to guide you to your bus. The bus from Naples to Conca Azzurra is very long! I think it was around 2 hours.
Once the bus reached close to the hotel everyone has to get off and transfer onto a shuttle bus that is smaller as it has to get around and down all the sharp corners of the cliff. Your suitcases are packed onto a little red truck and taken to your hotel separately. Now, be warned. The drive down the cliff isn’t very pleasant. It’s a very short journey however a very rocky/scary one too. The drivers are amazing though. When arriving your passport is taken and suitcases are delivered to your rooms. There’s about 30 rooms at this hotel at the beach resort. This hotel is Thomas Cook only. The buffet is very repetitive pasta/salad etc however the drinks are all branded. The waiters are very attentive and so polite!! Every morning you’re given a little leaflet through your door telling you the theme for that night eg BBQ night. Thought this was a very personal touch. As this hotel is open to the public for pool access, it gets very busy however this is the first hotel I’ve ever been to where you don’t need to get up at stupid o’clock to reserve a sun lounger! There’s always plenty available. There’s plenty of ‘Hotel guests only’ places too including sun lounge areas for some peace and quiet. Some public members do try to abuse this however the life guards are always quick to move them along. Mosquitoes seemed to be a huge issue for a lot of people. My partner had 16 bites after the 7 days, however the hotel do their best to help with this by putting out mosquito repellent candles. My partner and I paid €160 with Thomas Cook for the half day trip to Pompeii, I personally didn’t feel this was worth it at all, it wasn’t a very enjoyable day. The coach had very little air con and a lot of people on board. It was a 2 hour guided tour around with the sun it was unbearable. I can imagine this being something lovely to do in cooler seasons. Overall my experience was a positive one. Really enjoyable with a short drive into the lovely Sorrento.

2  Thank Cgreeeen