All reviews pebble beach this small family run hotel amalfi coast hotel restaurant is marina del cantone is off the beaten track fresh fish boat trips to capri bay sea balcony village sunbeds path naples buses
Reviewed July 4, 2016

Hello!
We just booked 1 week (7/31-8/6) in your hotel. We're very happy, and excited to find your hotel. I'm writing to confirm that we have a room with a balcony/terrace, and ocean view. It's ok if we have to go up the stairs to the top for a better view. Thanking you in advance for your time. We have heard so many wonderful experiences of your hotel. We can't wait! Gabriela Farruggio

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2016 via mobile

What a great place. It is a converted monastery. We had a roof top terrace room with a view of the ocean. Room was simple, comfortable and beautifully tiled. Meals served overlooking the ocean. We had dinner there on both nights. Prices were very reasonable and food was well made. Family run establishment. Very personable and friendly.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa R
Reviewed April 30, 2016

When you look at this hotel from the beach, you have no idea how nice the rooms are. You can’t even see the balconies from the beach. The hotel exterior is old and historic, but the rooms are modern and bright. This is a great town to kick back and relax. It is such a contrast from busy Sorrento, Positano, and Amalfi. There is wonderful hiking nearby. I enjoyed my time in Marina del Cantone more than any other town during my two week Amalfi trip.

I believe room #49 of this hotel has the biggest balcony. The views from the balcony are extraordinary – both the ocean and you can look up the mountains to see the church on top. My balcony had four chairs and a table. The walls of the balcony were decorated by painted tiles – a very nice touch. You can still hear the ocean waves crashing when you are in your room at night.

The room was very clean. It had a funny dresser with fake drawers that didn’t open. There was no refrigerator, microwave, or safe. There was a desk and a closet with hangers.

Breakfast was served in the form of a tray for each table. It was amazing how many items I was given when I was a solo diner. There were even two different types of juice set on the table. Some of the options included fresh fruit and croissants. I was given a “real” cappuccino – not one from a machine.

Now for the things that are not so great. First of all, there is no WiFi in the room. There is WiFi in the lobby, but it was too slow to be usable and just would completely stop at times. Just plan on zero WiFi during your stay (but you can try some of the bars/restaurants further on the beach). The water pressure in the shower was very low and I found the pillows uncomfortable. However, I think these are small inconveniences compared to the phenomenal location right on the beach and wonderful balconies of this hotel.

I am really glad I spent three days doing some challenging hiking around Marina del Cantone and staying at this hotel. Find a hiking map and go to the lighthouse, the church on top the mountain, and the old fort, and war ruins. You can get great exercise by hiking, then kick back on the stone beach and chill.

Room tip: I think room 49 has the biggest balcony
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Outdoorpartner
Reviewed April 20, 2016

I visited this very special place while traveling on my own a dozen years ago, vowing to return one day with someone special. This summer, the love of my life (with whom I reconnected nearly six years ago) and I will be spending time at the Hotel La Certosa! The views are spectacular, the hotel very clean and inviting. I have been waiting for 12 long years to return!

Room tip: The balcony rooms have an amazing view of the cove!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank DEBBIEB7
Reviewed April 14, 2016

This hotel is right on the beach in the small settlement of Marina del Cantone. The rooms are a good size and everything is spotless. It is both traditional and a little dated in terms of furnishing, lighting etc The sea view rooms offer a balcony with a table and chairs but you cannot see the sea if you're sat down due to the high wall (it's an old building) but it's nice to stand and look out to sea and the coastal view.
The breakfast was excellent - generous and varied.
My only negative comment is that the staff (apart from one person) were not very friendly or helpful. No smiles, warm greeting or pleasantries. The older members of the family were either indifferent or daunted by the prospect of serving non - Italians so ignored us. It was like we were tolerated rather than welcomed!
Marina Del Cantone consists of a pebble beach and a handful of hotels and restaurants. A stiff walk uphill is the village of Nerano and from there various walks can be done e.g along the coast path and to a nice cove.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple