Quite a good little hotel in Mestre. Very easy to get to from Marco Polo airport, 5 euros and and 15 min bus ride took us to Bologna hotel. Buses back to the airport lot less frequent maybe because it was a Sunday, only once an hour. Check in was very quick, lady at reception was very friendly and helpful, giving us with info on buses/trains/travel passes. We were allocated room 318, a nice room but a bit disappointed it was 2 twin beds pushed together when we had booked a double bed, lucky we weren't on our honeymoon haha. Everything you need is in the room, nice and clean but i would say, like many other reviewers, that the room is ridiculously warm, there are air conditioning controls but didn't work, we went down to reception (as our phone to reception didnt work!) and they informed us A/C didn't work until May (strange as a previously reviewer was told, AC was from April!) They did say they would try to control the temp but it didn't really change. We found a way round this by just opening both windows as soon as we got back to room to cool it down for a bit, could not sleep with windows open due to street noise. Free fast wifi available.
Train tickets to Venice easily bought from reception desk for just over a euro, we only used this once and used the buses to Pizzale Roma covered on our 72hr travel pass all other times, this was a crazy experience especially during the busiest times, it really is a free for all, see a tiny space on the bus and push your way on or stand at the bus stop for the rest of the day haha. Buses were every 10-15mins and we made the mistake of "waiting for the next bus" hoping for a quieter one...would have been a very long wait if we didn't do as the locals did.
Breakfast was ok, good choice of hot and cold drinks, only hot food was bacon & scramble eggs.
Normally i would say this hotel is a good location but after a long day of walking and sight seeing, it was hard work getting the vaporetti back to Pizzale Roma and then the manic bus ride back to hotel. A good choice if budget is tight
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna is located right across from Mestre railway station, and is ten minutes by train or bus from the center of Venice and the Grand Canal. It's easily accessible from the airports of Venice and Treviso and from the motorway. If you leave your car in the parking lot of the hotel you will be able to go and discover the wonders of Venice very easily. The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna is also at the center of many tourist itineraries of great interest and fascination, as - for example - the villas of the Riviera del Brenta, the artistic cities of Padua, Vicenza and Verona, the beautiful view of the hills around Treviso, not to forget the nearby beaches and the beautiful Dolomites. The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna has been operating for more than a century, with a strong passion for hospitality and with a recognized high standard in competence and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Fastbooking, Travelocity.ca, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Bologna Hotel
- Best Western Mestre
- Mestre Best Western
- Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna Province Of Venice/Mestre, Italy