Hotel Da Tito
Hotel Regit(Mestre)
  • Bar/Lounge
Cris Hotel(Mestre)
View Hotel
All reviewsacross the streetthe buspeople moverbasic hotelvenice islandstopsticketscostscruiseeuro
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I just came back from Da Tito Hotel and I am more than dissatisfied by the service :(

I made a reservation through dhr.com for a twin room for the period 29/12/2011 to 01/01/2012 in Da Tito Hotel, Mestre, Venice. The booking was for 3 nights & breakfasts in the hotel.

At our arrival around 5.30p.m. on 29th December, the receptionist told us to switch on the heating radiators to maximum. Then we were given a double bedroom, not the twin bedroom which I had booked. I spoke with the receptionist who changed the room.

Our second room was as cold as the first one. And also was double bedroom, not twin, and the receptionist assured me that when his colleague comes around 8p.m., they will separate the beds, providing us the twin bedroom which we had booked.

There was no toilet lid at all in the toilet! So I asked the receptionist to put it, and he assured me that he will take care of that. Besides, the room was quite dirty - with hair on the sheets, and also hair on the shower, and the bathroom door could not be closed.

We went for a walk, and when we came back about 6 hours later - i.e. 23.30, we found out that the heating was not working at all - we had left the heating radiators switched on to maximum level before leaving, hoping that the room will warm up for the time we are out so we could go to bed - but when we came back we found that not only the room was not warmer, but the radiator itself was cold - meaning that the heating of the hotel was off!
There was no hot water either.
The double bed was not turned into twin beds.
And there still was no toilet lid at all.

So I went to speak with the receptionist about it and found that in the same time another guest of the hotel, was complaining about the same things - they also didn't have any heating in their room, despite that they had switched on the radiator at maximum at their arival around 5p.m., like we did, and they also didn't have any hot water.

The receptionist said that he will take care of it, so we went back to our rooms, waiting for the heating. A couple of hours later, the heating was on, but it was working too poor to warm up the room, so we had to stay with our jackets, boots and hats in the room!
And there was no hot water either.
So I spoke with the receptionist again, asking him to either give us an electric heater in order to warm up our room so we could go to bed, or to give us the remote control for the air-conditioner in order to switch it and warm up the room. He refused to do any of that and just gave me a blanket. I also asked him about the hot water and the toilet lid and he said that he will take care of that. Later in the night he came to our room to ask me if we already had hot water, which we didn't have. And then, even more later (after midnight!), he came
again to offer us to change the room and take a room in which they had a toilet lid. So we replied that we will change it in the morning.
So the first night of our stay we had no heating and spent the night with our clothes on, freezing under some blankets in a dirty room with no hot water and no toilet lid!

On the next morning we changed the room. The heating was working but still not as it should be, so we slept with our clothes on again. The hotel staff took from us the extra blanket which the receptionist gave us in the second room, so we didn't even have an extra blanket. This room was better than the second one except that the canal was not working properly so it overflooded when we had a shower and the bathroom was quite dirty too. I thought of making pictures but decided it would be too disgusting to post pictures of the shower curtain full of spots of all sorts (and background) and hair hanging from the shower :((

Besides, the 2nd room was too noisy - we practically heard everything that happened in the bathroom next door.

In the third morning, we found out that the heating was not working at all - i.e. the radiators were cold, despite that we had switched them on to maximum level!
Besides, the receptionist refused to give us breakfast, because their suppliers were not working on 1st of January. So he said that we will not have anything to eat and can just drink orange juice!

Otherwise the breakfast was orange juice, croissant and one small bread with 5-6 jams for 2 people. That's all.

I sent a complain to dhr.com through which I booked for some compensation.

And I would never go back to that hotel again!
I read all the good reviews here before going, but the actual sitation there is much different than described.

I would never go back, and I would not advise anyone to stay at that place.

Room Tip: Good rooms are not in that hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pi2a
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I stayed here for one night before taking a cruise. It is a small hotel in Mestre. The bus to Venice stops just across the street and the bus tickets are available at a bar a couple of doors from the hotel. Buses to Venice are frequent and much cheaper than a taxi. It takes about 10 minutes to the Venice bus station. From there the people mover goes to the cruise port. The hotel served a continental breakfast that was included. The rooms were a reasonable size and fairly comfortable. I was not able to close the window. There was a lot of exterior noise in the evening but not enough to stop me from sleeping. I would stay here again if I was in Venice. I had taken the train to Mestre and walked from Mestre station. There are lots of stairs there.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2011

As previous reviews have said, this is a good hotel is in a very convenient location. We caught the fast Airport bus (prebooked tickets online as was slightly cheaper) which stopped at Mestre railway station. You present your vouchers for your tickets and travel passes at the ATVO desk in the arrivals hall and you will be issued with your proper tickets and passes there. It was a short walk to our hotel from the railway station. The hotel room was clean and comfortable with a nice bathroom with plenty of towels. It was extremely hot when we visited (mid September), so we were very glad of the air conditioning. The road was very busy with traffic, including trams, when we arrived. I was a little concerned that it would be noisy at night. However the road was very quiet later, the double glazing excellent and we slept well.
We bought 36 hour travel passes online before we left UK at the same place as we bought the bus tickets ( www.ATVO.IT). These cost 23 euros each and your time starts when you first swipe your pass to validate it when you get on the bus. Don't forget to do so as we were talking to a British couple who forgot to do it and were fined 100 euros. They told us they had to haggle with the inspector as they didn't have enough money so ended up paying 80 euros! The passes are good value as they cover you for local bus travel and also the vaporetto. So you can go up and down the Grand Canal as much as you like! We also used ours to travel out to Burano to see the beautiful coloured houses. As has been already stated, the bus stop for Venice is just opposite the hotel. So it couldn't be closer. Although the bus was always packed when we got on and we had to stand, it is only about 15mins journey. Marco and the other gentleman on reception at night were both very nice and both very helpful. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would certainly recommend it to others.
Tip - the fast airport shuttle bus cost 5 euro and has room in the hold for luggage. But if you are like us, travelling with only hand luggage, it is possible to catch the local no15 bus from outside the railway station . This goes to the airport and only takes about 10mins more and costs only 1.20 euro.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We found this hotel to be comfortable especially the family room, with the air conditioning unit which was most appreciated as the temperature was hitting 38 degrees !! Marco on the front desk (owners son) was extremely helpful.
Particularly when we asked to book a taxi back to the airport, he suggested the shuttle bus/taxi (privately) owned, which he booked for us & only cost 25Euros to the airport. If we had known about this service on our arrival we would had booked it, as it only cost 5Euros more than the public bus for our family of 4. Taxis from the airport wanted to charge approx 100Euro !! Try (Willi's Travels [---][---]).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We recently stayed in this hotel for four nights with our kids and had a very pleasant experience. This is a small, family owned hotel in the heart of Mestre, a city in close proximity to Venice. The location is excellent and very close to all bus and train services to Venice. In fact, the 15 minute direct bus service to & from Venice is just across the street and very convenient (#7 Service). Cost is 1.20 Euro/person. Train station is about a 8-10 minute walk from the hotel.

The two rooms rooms we booked were relatively spacious and clean (including the bathrooms) and the small staff was very helpful. Marco, the young owner and manager was very friendly, courteous & knowledgeable. He was also extremely helpful in answering our questions and advising on our plans for Venice and also local attractions and services. The hotel provides free basic breakfast of coffee/cappuccino, croissants and orange juice.

Overall, we enjoyed staying at this hotel and highly recommend this inexpensive hotel for couples and families who are visiting Venice for the first time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family