“great service and classy ambiance”
Review of La Pecora Nera

La Pecora Nera
Price range: US$55 - US$81
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Advanced Booking is suggested, The Restaurant close at Midnight
Reviewed October 4, 2018

Great menu choices, some are typical Tuscan and others not. Overall very good, we started with fois gras, very good. The duck was very good but we forgot/they did not ask how we wanted it cooked, so it was more cooked then we like it. The Ossobuco was good, but I have had better. The wine was excellent and not too expensive. The Champagne risotto was just good. Tiramisu' was very good and so was espresso.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,227)

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

We felt in love with La Pecora Nera. Beautiful place with nice intelligent atmosphere. Alexander is one of the best waiter I have talk to. We tased goose liver, beef tar tar, Florentine steak, salmon , and a lot of so tasty tasty meals!!! Thank you for our great mood , for happiness that you gave us!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

The menu has the appropriate level of variety and complexity. Service though does not keep the experience to mark. It was clear they couldn’t cope when at capacity. I was told to wait for my bill to arrive and again for it to be taken with the payment. The dessert menu did not make its way to me either - I had to ask. Probably ended up staying 30 minutes more than I needed to.

One would have expected the olive oil to be at the table with the bread at the outset. This did not happen until I was on my second course. Note the oil was off a commercial bottle and not poured or presented in a quaint dish as most eateries of this calibre do so. This was removed with the salt and pepper half way through the meal without my being asked. Didn’t understand what the rush was - possibly they were running short.

There was no ask for coffee with or after dessert. Nor any petit fours were presented.

Date of visit: September 2018
fabio76, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at La Pecora Nera, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2018

Dear 399lavinas,
I'm very sorry if the service was not on our standard, may be that more then the expected guests arrived and we were not ready as usually are. I'm very sorry for that.

About your expectation of olive oil... all our dishes are prepared in the kitchen with the right quality and quantity of olive oil. For 2 dishes we bring olive oil on the table, fish cruditè and Fiorentina Tbone Steak, and are 2 different oil. Anyway olive oil is always avialbale on request, as pepper, salt and other condiments.

Bread and oil are usually available in Tuscany in Agriturismo restaurant or oil production site and we are not. I can imagine that during your trip in Tuscany you visited several restaurant like these, are very popular but are kind of restaurant different from us.

Regards
Fabio Cenni

Reviewed September 14, 2018

We ate here three times in five nights because our first dinner was one of the best ever had. If you like octopus you are in for a treat.Everything we ordered was great.

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Genuinely the best food we have had so far during our trip to Tuscany. The food was absolutely exquisite and customer service outstanding. The staff were friendly and attentive, with a quality menu that was incredible value for money. We both had scallops to start followed by green tagliolini with lobster and fresh pasta with truffles and fondue. If you are in Montecatini Terme, go for dinner here - it’s a must!