See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

Stayed for two nights for New Year 2017 with few friends. Few rooms were partly renovated and others were below any standard. Hotel did not deserve 1 star and not 3 what they are saying they have. Filthy carpets, worn floorings, worn bads, no extra blankets, no work water. Worst of all, heating was not working, only abt 2 hrs in the morning and same 2 hrs some time afternoon. Considering outside temperature close to 0 deg.C it was bloody freezing.... And no extra blanket. We had to turn built in hair dryer and keep it running to heat up the room a bit. There was built in aircon in the room but personal did not want to give us remote control. So, if you are going for holiday and want to enjoy it, keep far away from this hotel.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
ParkHotelModerno, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Park Hotel Moderno, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2017

Dear Bade2014,

Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

It was a great pleasure to have you staying with us. We duly appreciate your feedback and it will certainly assist us in our efforts to ensure continual improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel

With kind regards,

Reviewed August 15, 2016

We got a room that was on the ground floor, towards the back yard. I didn't mind the lack of a view, but I did mind the temperature and the mustiness of the air.
It was so cold we dreaded taking a shower and getting into bed, with its icy sheets.

The room and the bathroom were clean.
The food is filling, but monotonous.
The wifi was free, but almost non-existent.

As the other reviewers wrote, the location is good and the staff is friendly.

Room Tip: Don't accept basement/low ground floor rooms
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnaPop
Reviewed February 27, 2015

Hello! I saw the hotel, but I've never stayed there. My friend's stayed in the hotel and liked it. I can only say, it has a good location - in the center of Montecatini Terme. It is very nice town. Good luck.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank PrettyGrlsMakeGraves
Reviewed December 5, 2014

Beautiful hotel! In center ! Elegant! Good price! The persons who worked is professionals!! I like this place ! Good restaurant! Good bar! With cocktails, wine, good diner, breakfast ! Considerate for all people!!frigobar, toilet,

• Stayed: December 2014
4  Thank Galina_Lazarenka
Reviewed December 4, 2014

This November I had a wonderful stay at Park Hotel Moderno.

I stayed at a renovated double room with a balcony and a nice city view. The room was air-conditioned, tidy and cozy.
The location of the hotel is ideal: it’s a 5 minute walk to the Piazza del Popolo and the railway station Montecatini Centro. You can easily continue travelling to other cities such as Florence, Lucca and Pisa from there.
There are also inexpensive stores and restaurants nearby if you do not wish to dine in the hotel.

The dining room was spacious and elegantly decorated.
Breakfast was abundant: all types of coffee, juices, prosciutto, jam, rolls, cereals, several types of cheeses, biscuits, etc. Everything else is on request.

The stuff was helpful and timely. They answered all the questions patiently and provided us with valuable information about the town and hotel and also gave us the maps.

The hotel is very reasonably priced.

To my mind, it’s an excellent choice. Warm Italian welcome is guaranteed.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business