All reviews perfect place to enjoy bottle of wine rolling tuscan hills could not have been more minute drive every morning farm valley property views town
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed at San Gallo the week before our wedding with family and friends, and it was perfect!! Olimpia and her father are very welcoming and helpful and could not do enough to ensure all of us had everything we needed and were having a great time. The scenery/location is stunning - you could not ask for a more beautiful view up to Montepulciano and the San Biagio church from anywhere else in the surrounding valley (and we scouted the bulk of local agruturismos in the area before we decided on San Gallo). Olimpia and her father also hosted a BBQ for roughly 60 of our wedding guests a few days before the wedding (on a beautiful spot above their wine cellar with amazing views in all directions) with their wine (excellent!!), local meats and salads. We had a great time and will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2011

After many years of traveling Italy by tour, my husband and I decided to get off the tourist route and find a place to enjoy the countryside and local residents. We based our decision on location and proximity to other hill towns. We found San Gallo was all that and more. The owners, the Roberti family, greeted us like long lost relatives and helped us acclimate to the area recommending restaurants, places to go and things to see. This coupled with the delicious wine and olive oil they produce made our stay a dream! The "farm" is a quiet setting amidst rolling Tuscan hills with sheep bahhing in the distance, while in the shadow of San Biaggio and flanked by row upon row of grapes - they produce the regional Vino Nobile wine. If you're looking for an independent getaway - peaceful and serene, yet with plenty to do and see - this is the place to go. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaineMaria
Reviewed May 22, 2011

This is the best place in the world. I love this place, I need this place, I want to go back.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I absolutely loved my time at San Gallo and was sad to leave, I could have happily stayed another week. Olimpia and her father "Avvocato" were incredibly warm and welcoming. The premises and surroundings are outstanding. Oh, and the wine produced at San Gallo is wonderful. I can't recommend this place highly enough; I hope to return again in the future.

Room Tip: Rent a car
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Set a few kilometers from town down a narrow dirt road, this agriturismo puts you in the middle of the Tuscan countryside.

A wonderful renovated building that is centuries old, with large suites, especially for Italy.

The pool is nice, and there are foosball and other games to play outside.

You look up the hill to see the town of Montepulciano. You have a great view of San Biagio.

From the parking lot you can look north across the valley to see several hill towns and the many vineyards in between.

I can't state enough just how much we liked it here. The value/quality ratio is great.

Their wine is nice, and I think in a few years of refinement, they will have a very good product.

The only negative is that it is not in walking distance to the city.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple