“Great seafood, friendly owner”

Ristorante Alga Marina
Ranked #13 of 74 Restaurants in Numana
Price range: US$29 - US$59
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2017

We stayed in this area for a week in late September when many restaurants were closed or limited hours for the season, so we were searching for an open restaurant in the rain when the owner opened his doors early to welcome us in out of the rain. The scallops au gratin were exceptional, the mussels were wonderful as was the turbo and sea bass.

Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

I shared four courses of seafood with my wife (two pastas) and it was all extremely good. Service was very friendly and helpful. Warm recommendations!

Reviewed July 29, 2015

Excellent fish restaurant.
All products are fresh, genuine and well cooked. I appreciated their homemade bread and really enjoyed the roasted fish-of-the-day and the homemade peach sorbetto.
Very kind staff and nice atmosphere

Reviewed June 27, 2015

We had just arrived in Marcelli a couple of hours prior after a long car journey and had walked the seafront a little and decided Alga Marina looked a nice place to eat. It was busy but there were a couple of tables free - when we enquired with the young waiter outside he said it would not be possible - he did not mention the tables were reserved when I asked and the time was only 1.45pm so still early - he would not give any further reason. We had a 19 month old toddler with us so the only reason I can think is that either he did not want the child at the restaurant or wanted a larger table of people to come. Either way, this soured our first experience there - our boy is well behaved and was not screaming or crying - and we avoided the place thereafter for the rest of our trip. Whether this was the decision of the waiter or a general management policy I don't know, but I could not recommend based upon the attitude of our experience.

_Alga_Marina__11, Proprietario at Ristorante Alga Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2015

Hello,
I'd like to answer to this review cause in my opinion it is important to tell what happens in that day, sunday 21th june.
When Mr RMkisby came in my restaurant there was outside only one free table for 10 persons. That table was reserved but maybe the waiter didn't tell him. Mr RMkisby wanted that table. My waiter told him that table was for 10 and not for 3,but it was possible to eat inside.
He said no and went away.
We work with children from years. For example,we have four high chairs for children,and we can prepare for them some special dishes without any problem. We would be happy to work with RMkisby if there was the possibility,but he refused to eat inside and we didn't have a table for three outside. What should we do? We can't give a table for 10 to 3 persons,even if it wasn't reserved.

We try to do our best every day with every customer. But this doesn't mean that every customer could do what he wants. There are rules to respect.

Best regards,

Cristiano Rossi

Reviewed January 2, 2013

enjoyed a fine late summer seafood lunch here with family and friends in September.

Service was a bit slow but this in the off-season. Can imagine that the place would be packed in August but we had the terrace to ourselves by early September.

Good seafood. Nice wine list. Not expensive and just back from the beach.