“Simply Amazing!”

Ranked #2 of 187 Restaurants in Orvieto
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2018

We rented a car for the afternoon just to have lunch at Ristorante Da Gregorio, and it did not disappoint! In fact, it was the highlight of our entire 10 day trip to Italy!! I cannot say enough how wonderful the experience was ... from the delicious dishes (wild boar, fresh made pastas ... tagliatelle, umbrichelli ... tantalizing desserts) and perfectly paired wine (Davide is a Sommelier and knows his stuff!) to the warm, friendly service offered by this family. This is the REAL DEAL if you want a culinary "experience" in Italy.

1  Thank krazikatt2017

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were first to arrive at the restaurant and were made to feel very welcome.
The menu was nothing short of genuine, it is all done from locally sourced ingredients. The grilled wild pork was to die for.
We were blown away by how good the food was.
Service was fantastic. Highly recommend to anyone that’s travelling through. We stayed in Orvieto and it was a nice little 15 minute scenic drive up into the hills.
Ten out of ten.

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

My husband, son, and I go to Europe for several weeks each summer, and a trip isn't complete for us without spending time in Italy. This year, we're spending time in Perugia and Umbria, to include the Orvieto area.

Before the trip I researched restaurants, and chose Da Gregorio from the reviews I had read. I contacted them over Facebook, and was able to make a reservation for dinner.

This is my 6th or 7th trip to Italy, and I've had a lot of fantastic meals, but this was one of the best.

The restaurant is in a tiny town of roughly 400 people, about 25 minutes outside of Orvieto, so you'll need a car to get there. It's worth the drive.

All the food is lovingly handmade by a family that's been cooking there for 4 generations. The service is impeccable and knowledgeable about local wine pairings.

My son is a pain on the behind picky eater, and he said that he had some of the best pasta he's ever eaten at that restaurant.

Take the time to go there! You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Corrina L
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

I didn’t taste many things but this restaurant offers traditional local food cooked at its best. The staff is kind.

Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

The most authentic Italian food I had in Italy so far. Excellent service and food. Don’t miss it if in the area.

1  Thank stavrianad