“Good Ristorante in the heart of Orvieto”

Osteria da Mamma Angela
Ranked #13 of 187 Restaurants in Orvieto
Cuisines: Deli, Italian
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We visited this locale recently while visiting Orvieto. The ambience is good and the staff was friendly. We had the bruschette miste for the appetizers and various pastas for the primo. Portion sizes were good and the prices were fair. Solid place.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

The welcoming was perfect warm and lovely. The beef was dry and pale so was the pasta. Pricey for the quality. Not as good as expected from Italian restaurant.

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Servers were awesome. So was the food. Had a special of prosciutto and artichoke house made pasta, insalata mista, and wonderful panna cotta. People kept being turned away at the door so, as a solo diner, I offered to move to a smaller table. No. Not needed. I relaxed but later was encouraged to move outside to finish my dining experience. First time in 30 years of visits to Italy that I was asked to move. Not the Italian way!

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

We were in search of pizza on a Tuesday night when a lot of restaurants in Orvieto are closed. After wandering all over town only to find locked doors, we settled on this little place simply because it was open! So glad we discovered this gem. The food was great, and while the service wasn't super friendly, it was acceptable. We were happy that one server spoke English and they had an English menu. We chose steak, roasted rosemary potatoes, and brugghielli. It was all superb. The steak was some of the best I have ever tasted. The desserts were also excellent --we had cheesecake with fruit and the panna cotta. We were really glad we didn't find any pizza tonight.

Reviewed February 23, 2018

I had it for lunch on my first day in Orvieto, trust me, you do not want to miss this place on your visit to Orvieto, it would be a crime! The pasta is freshly handmade and I had the spinach-stuffed ravioli with roasted tomatoes and the cheesecake with Nutella and fruit toppings was to DIE FOR.