“amazing restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2018

We have been coming here for years on every visit to Positano. The ravioli is fantastic and the rest of the food is also great. We love the family and they have always treated us very well.

Reviewed September 11, 2018

We have been enjoying this wonderful restaurant for over 20 years on our many visits to Positano. The family is so nice and so talented in the kitchen! The wines list is great and the food amazing. The mama's ravioli is so good, as is everything we've had.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

Positano is expensive during the summer. But at 200 euros for two appetizers, two main courses and a bottle of wine, I had much better meals for the same price in cities like London or Paris. Overall the place is expensive. Good base ingredients but the result is average at best. Despite one of the travel guides says, the dining room has absolutely no views on the coast and it is a hassle to get there. If you don't have a car, you need to take a (crowded) bus to get there from Positano. Service is fine and the view on the kitchen is actually pretty interesting to watch.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

I have never given a restaurant such a low rating but I must warn you against visiting this restaurant - especially if you are of Asian appearance. And after scrolling through the reviews, I see I am not alone.

I came here for dinner with my husband and another couple. It was our first night in Positano. My husband and I are from Sydney, Australia, though I was born in HK and, at our table, I was the only person of full Asian descent.

Everything was going fine - the food was lovely, the atmosphere was homely but nice. And then, towards the end of our meal, our waiter who I can only assume was the owner came out to chat to us. In the midst of the chatter, he proceeded to tell me that all Asians look the same to him, and he can never tell them apart. When I politely told him I thought he was wrong, he impressed his point by taking his index fingers to the outside corners of his eyes and said, "yes, they all look like this".

We were all so stunned by this disgusting behaviour that we were speechless. I didn't want to make a scene, so just looked down at my food and he walked off chuckling.

Not long after that we left, and on my way out I spoke to 2 younger women who ran the front of house. I told them what the man had said to me and that I was very offended. Astonishingly, one of the women simply shrugged her shoulders and said "what's the problem, it's like if you said all Italians have big noses". My husband then stepped in and assured her that no, it was not like that at all (and in any event, entirely irrelevant as I didn't say that he was Italian and therefore had a big nose, and would never say that because it's a completely stupid thing to say). It was only after a 5min exchange along these lines that the other woman interjected and apologised - but by then I was walking out the door.

Absolutely disgusting. Why be in hospitality in an international tourist hub if you are racist?

Do not come here. There are many more deserving restaurants in Positano with amazing food AND friendly and non-racist service. Give your money to a place that actually deserves it.

6  Thank BJMU
Reviewed August 1, 2018

We had heard great reviews of this family run restaurant so we went with high expectations. We were not disappointed --it was an absolutely superb dinner!
So here's the family setup --Rosida is the server and daughter of the owner which is her mom!! Who is the chef prepares the meals! The uncle helps serve and and is the wine 'expert'. All family members were completely engaged and you could tell they loved working in their own restaurant. Our dinner was delicious and had that home prepared quality to it. A wonderful atmosphere well above the town of Positano. This is certainly a restaurant I would visit again! Well done family "Donna Rosa" !!