“Delicious meal and gorgeous establishment ”
Review of Ristorante Max

Ristorante Max
Reserve with
Ristorante Max is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 92 Restaurants in Positano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and 8 year old daughter stayed and I dined here this past summer, it was late and many places close their kitchen in Positano by 10pm but we were jet lagged,,, they sat us without any problem at a beautiful outdoor table. The whole inside and outside is just beautiful and authentic. The service was impeccable and the food was everything you can dream of. Definitely try it ! It’s on the walk down to the beach.

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is located near the “town square”.

Food. My wife had grilled vegetables for an appetizer and I had the eggplant parmesan. Both were delicious. The grilled vegetables in particular exceeded expectations. For the main course my wife had seafood soup and I had pasta with lobster. The seafood soup was ginormous and very tasty. The pasta with lobster also exceeded expectations. Food rates an “A”.

Service was also impeccable and rates an “A”.

Atmosphere is an art gallery. How can that not rate an ””A”?

So my overall grade is an A. Would definitely return.

Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent almost 2 weeks in Italy (Rome, Venice, Florence, Pompeii, Positano, Capri), and not only was my dish here the best one I had the entire trip, but the service was impeccable. All of the waiters shared duties; refilled our wine and assisted us promptly. It was classy and romantic. There were plenty of high end wine and meal options, but we stayed towards conservatively priced options and between the 2 of us we had a bottle of wine, an appetizer, and 2 meals, and our bill was €112. My husband had the tri pasta dish and I had the seafood risotto. For a pampered, fine dining experience, visit Ristorante Max!

Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I wanted to have a special meal in Positano so we stumbled across Ristorante Max.
We were seated outside, lovely setting, relaxed restaurant. Clientele were pretty well to do but we wanted a special meal so we expected that.
We shared a large anti pasta dish, I proceeded to have the steak which was very intricately served and my partner had the swordfish which he said was delicious.
I had the chocolate soufflé to finish which was a real treat.
A note on the wine, the wine list is extensive and quite frankly a lot of the bottles were significantly out of our budget however, when I explained to the waiter that I was struggling to pick a wine off of the wine list, he suggested a local red wine from Furore and told me the price straight out so that I was put at ease and hadn’t just ordered a €220 bottle of wine! We really appreciated the help.
If you’re looking for a special meal with a romantic and relaxed setting with good food and a helping hand with the wine - this is the place for you.

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

We took the class & it was excellent! The chef was very detailed and all 3 of us in class had a hands on experience. We made four items and all were delicious ~ added bonus was the coffee and wine!