1,093 results
All reviews champagne bar oyster bar amalfi coast our honeymoon beautiful hotel hotel boat michelin star restaurant sea view san pietro pool area is boat trip impeccable service private boat room number heaven on earth junior suite magical place
Reviewed October 14, 2011

What a place to propose . . . and she said "yes" - of course! How could she not!
We had a fantastic stay at the hotel. The room was beautiful and the view was breathtaking morning, evening and night.
We were serenaded at dinner and it was the perfect moment for dropping to my knee to present the ring and ask for her hand . . .
Of course we would return again . . . for the memory . . . but also for the hotel, view, staff, pool and restaurant - both dinner and breakfast!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JPKOPP54
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I´ve never experienced a better hotel, overall. Service is impeccable. My husband said that they know what he wanted to ask before he did. Our room (we had a Deluxe superior Sea view) was newly refurbished and really stylish without loosing the special "Amalfi"-style. The oyster bar is great (don´t drink champagne there - it´s completely overpriced !) and the restaurant, too. We loved the SPA (therapists are fantastic). The hotel is providing a great range of activities (free of charge !), e.g. travelling with the hotel owned boat, and an informative brochure about places of interest. So once again: yes - it´s horribly expensive, but (besides the champagne) worth every cent !

Room Tip: Sea view is a must.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LuxTravel4Food
Reviewed October 8, 2011

For more than 10 years, I wanted to stay at Le Sirenuse. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

One can clearly see why this hotel is famous. The views over Positano are spectacular and the rooms are very beautifully furnished. The gym and spa is simply gorgeous. But that is it.

The hotel feels very crammed and all rooms are small. We stayed in a sea view room and junior suite. The pool area is not enjoyable, as it is tiny, with lots of sun beds crammed in. There is no privacy at all. We found the best option to swim is from the boat. The hotel offers free boat trips, or you can rent one on the beach.

The service in the hotel is inconsistent. Some staff are wonderful, others snotty and indifferent. But in essence, the staff didn't really seem to enjoy working in the hotel.

We enjoyed our breakfasts with amazing views. But again, it s very busy, as there is not enough space on the terrace for so many rooms.

Overall, we were disappointed with or stay. Definitively overpriced and overhyped.

Room Tip: Ask for room that doesn't overlook pool or restaurant
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
13  Thank KarinGlobal
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We spent a week at Le Sirenuse and I can not say enough about our experience. The rooms, the location, the food and staff were all five star. The setting was gorgeous, yet convenient to all that town has to offer. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I am not sure what qualifies for a 5 Star Hotel in Positano, but the standards must be different then what we receive in the U.S.

When I stay at a 5 star hotel, I expect some type of Wow moments, and this I can assure you is lacking at Le Sirenuse. Is the view beautiful? Absolutely. It is also beautiful from the other hotels and restaurants on the winding road. While the other hotels on the strip may not be as highly ranked, and since the view is the nicest thing to offer in Positano, I am confident they could have provided something equivalent or better for the price.

Why do I think this? Because for $1210 Euro/night, we received a room with two separate "views". Neither of these views could be seen if you were sitting on your bed or on the love seat in the adjourning room. The only way to take advantage of the view is to sit out on your tiny balcony. We asked if there were any rooms available with a better view, they told me there was, but that room would cause a price increase to $1485 Euro/night. I later told them that I booked through The Leading Hotels Website and asked if this would help with the upgrade, they told me that I could receive the upgrade at a discounted rate of $1350. We took the "better" room, the equivalent of a studio apartment in Manhattan.

The first room we were in had a great massage shower head with strong water pressure. The bathroom also had a vent. In the better room, the massage head did not work, there was terrible water pressure, and the lack of a vent turned the bathroom into a steam room. The jets in the tub did not work in either room, even after instructions from the front desk.

While I did encounter some very pleasant staff at the Sirenuse, the overall staff was quite snooty. We were with 2 other couples on the trip and they agreed with this opinion.

There is no real beach at the Sirenuse and you cannot see the view from inside the pool. They should rebuild this to be an infinity pool to take advantage of their location.

The gym opens at 8am, which becomes an annoyance for those that are early birds.

As for Positano as a whole, this is not the best area for children, elderly or the injured, as there are many many stairs to climb. I had to help a few different families with their luggage as they tried to navigate the steps to the lower hotels.

If you do end up in Positano, we found our best meal at Tre Sorrelle, a great experience at La Tragliata and awesome rice balls/potato croquettes at a small shop with a blue and white sign at the base of the shopping area (I wish I remembered their name, as they had great little pizza as well). There is a pharmacy to be found by making a left out of the Sirenuse and turning to the right at the bottom of the hill.

If you visit Positano, stay at a more affordable place and have a drink or lunch at the Sirenuse. Use the money you save to extend the vacation in another area of Italy, because unfortunately, there are no 5 Star Hotels in this town.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple