“Beautiful Restaurant, Terrific Food”

Il San Pietro di Positano
Ranked #12 of 92 Restaurants in Positano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Had dinner here recently - had to take a taxi from our hotel in Positano, but totally worth it. Located on a cliff offering great views of Positano, in a beautiful hotel. Food was absolutely awesome, but its not a cheap meal. Service was absolutely great.

Overall, one of the finest meals I've ever had.

Reviewed August 5, 2018

It has to be said that Positano is something of a nightmare to navigate in the month of August but once you arrive in the grounds of Il San Pietrodi Positano, you can quickly forget the drive and relax with a cocktail before dinner. We sat overlooking the sea, the gardens and and part of the hotel and loved every minute of the experience. The food was delicious - the picture is of a crab anti pasti which tasted as good as it looked. We did not stay at the hotel but can highly recommend the dining experience.

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

Well picture the most beautiful setting you can imagine for your dining pleasure. Then picture amazing food and service. From the moment you arrive and you take the stairs down to the restaurant with bougainvillea at every turn. We had the soup and most of us had one of the pastas. I can’t remember anything in particular probably because the harp player serenading in the back go round and the views are what sticks with me now as a I write the review. The food is on par for this kind of establishment and prices as well- if you have the opportunity to dine here, it will be one for the memory book for sure!

2  Thank 70redbird
Reviewed June 22, 2018

Recently, I’ve been disappointed my Michelin starred food in Italy: lacklustre food with no depth or excitement. This place was different. Firstly that terrace was lovely, even came with fireworks at the end. Secondly, service was perfect, even though it must have been a pain with constantly changing minds. Special shoutout to the more elderly waiter.
I get the cheffy joke of pizza as an amuse. And it was excellent pizza. I’m a sucker for a decent baba and I felt here’s was better than Mr Ducasse (my previous favorite). Best pasta dish (that ravioli) that I’ve eaten in Italy this year. Thank you.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

This is a fine dinning experience. You are cordially greeted by everybody that works there. Even the free shuttle services is working hard to make the experience superb. We had the pleasure of a trio of musicians. Playing most of the evening. The music set far enough away to be an accompaniment and not overshadowing the food or the amazing location on the cliffs. This was one of the only places where the wine steward new the wines in a way to inform us of medium or heavy body wines even flavor profiles (this was very rare on our trip to Italy). The food did not disappoint.