“Great Seafood, Reasonable Price (For Positano)”
Review of C'era una Volta

C'era una Volta
Ranked #24 of 92 Restaurants in Positano
Price range: US$9 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The place to go if you want to eat like the locals and eat with the locals! Open all year round and with pizza takeaway service, C'era una Volta is family run and the perfect place for a traditional meal.
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Very friendly staff and great food. I had the seafood antipasto which was 12 euro and a massive plate. Probably the best mussels I have ever had, as well as clams, swordfish, octopus and salmon. My wife had the caprese with buffalo mozzarella which was also fantastic, the tomato's were incredible. We both had pasta, I had the crab stuffed ravioli, with shrimp, while my wife enjoyed the pasta with seafood (shrimp, mussels, clams) both of which were very good. I would have preferred more ravioli, but I can't complain when about 5 nice fresh shrimp were included.
For the secondi I had the grilled sea bass, which was cooked to perfection, and my wife had the grilled shrimp which she really enjoyed. For dessert me each had different Napoli cakes that were amazing. With a glass of wine the total came to 93 euro, and we were completely stuffed and satisfied. I would recommend this spot for those seeking a really good meal and who could care less about pretentious dining.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,240)

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

This is my favourite food in the whole of Italy. The fish pasta was to die for..... so juicy.

The staff were lovely and friendly.

This is the second night in a row we ate there and tomorrow is looking like it might be a third!

You will not regret it if you go.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

We were traveling as a couple and ended up making friends with some other couples and decided to all meet for dinner. The waiter Nino was fantastic! Friendly, honestly helpful and fun! the rest of the staff was very attentive as well. We enjoyed the zucchini flowers very much! The food was plentiful and the desserts even better! Nino took very good care of us, simply fantastic! we had such a lovely evening. Highly recommend !

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

The food here is amazing. The prices were the most reasonable and positano. The portions that they give our huge. The pizza was also amazing. You are at the top of the mountain so you have a beautiful view of the ocean.

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely meal here with my husband and young toddler. The staff could not be more accomodating to us and the food was delicious. We loved the atmosphere, the helpful staff and the delicious Limoncello shot we had to finish our meal. Highly recommend this place!