All reviewsperfect locationfirst floorlovely hotelthe busfamily ownedbreakfast roomamalfi coastbeach towelstriple roomsea viewrestaurants and shopswould highly recommend this hotelfront desk staffnice breakfastlarge bathroomstaff was very friendly and helpfulminute walk to the beach
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Our travel agent daughter booked this hotel for my wife and I plus our 2 friends.
We were there just before season opening but you would never have known. The staff went out of their way to make our stay a great one. The breakfasts each morning were great and the coffee's - cappuccino or espresso were up there with the best.
We would return each evening with a bottle of wine and some antipasto from the local deli only to have the staff assist by supplying wine glasses, plates and cutlery for our comfort.
I am a big fan of the football and they set me up with a TV in English so I didn't miss agame.
Great place to stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank StewartRobbo
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We began our 2 week honeymoon in Italy in Positano and stayed at the Hotel Savoia for 5 nights during August in one of their Junior Suites. Positano was a gem and the entire stay was the best segment of our honeymoon. It was the only hotel that actually had one big king size bed (all the other hotels we stayed at in Italy had two twin beds shoved together).

The hotel is in a great location, right next to the main Piazza and the stroll down to the beach. The staff were always pleasant and helpful - had champagne waiting for us in the room, informed us of good restaurants, helped us book our day trip to Capri, and explained the beach towel rule to us!

Breakfast at the hotel was wonderful, there is a little cafe near the hotel that is great for a light lunch (salads or panini with fresh juice) or grab a pizza at one of the restaurants closer to the beach with some limon soda and head to the beach beds for a day of lounging and swimming! For dinner, we highly recommend Medditeranneo (wonderful staff who sing through your entire dinner, get the seafood rissotto!).

I would agree that the wireless wasn't ideal (can only be used on the breakfast floor) but hey, you're on vacation - no need to be attached to your devices! I would also say that unless you bleed money and love high fashion, Capri isn't worth the visit. The sea is definitely a deeper shade of blue at Capri and the grottos are a lot of fun, but Capri itself is overcrowded and moreso about swanky yachts and shops. In hindsight, we were happy as clams in beautiful Positano, which really is the gem of the Amalfi Coast.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 2peas1pod
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The hotel is a short walk down to the beach. We settled on ti as it had good reviews and wasn't that expensive relative to Positano standards. We spent a night and day here and 2 on Capri and these 3 days were the most expensive of our whole trip between restaurants and hotels. We had a balcony with an awesome view. The staff was friendly and told us how to get to the beach etc. I accidently spilled some wine on our bed and gave them a heads up as we were checking out, they appreciated it and didn't give us a hard or charge us extra. The one complaint I did have is that we had some issues with connecting to their wireless, I think it only worked on the first floor and in the breakfast room. Overall though a great htoel in Positano. Be sure to take the correct bus stop though (confirm with the hotel). We took the first stop and I had to carry both our bags down countless stairs and hundreds of feet in elevation when it was very hot out. I was not pleased, please learn from my mistake.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank brooksdj7
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Hotel savior was a fantatic place to stay in positano-it was in a fantatic location not far from the beach. Our room was spacious and had a lovely view from the balcony. The service was fantastic- family run hotel with a guaranteed smiles! Thanks for a great stay. P.s eat at bar Bruno just up from the hotel-very delicious!

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank RBC_24
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We had the opportunity of staying at this hotel and found it to be quite a find.
The view from the balcony is magnificent and the balcony itself is quite spacious.
The hotel was well maintained and the staff very helpful. The price was quite reasonable for this area and there are a lot of little boutiques to visit in the town. The hotel is well situated and there are many shops and restaurants nearby.
We had visited Capri, before arriving to Positano and we found Positano to be much lovelier and much cheaper. I would suggest not to stay overnight in Capri, and to only make a day trip to Capri, as the hotels there are very expensive and Positano is just as nice, if not nicer.
The mother and daughters at Hotel Savoia were very helpful and gave us some useful information about the town itself.
I would definitely return to this hotel and this charming town.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends