All reviews perfect location lovely hotel first floor breakfast room the bus beach towels family owned amalfi coast pastries short walk triple room large bathroom restaurants and shops nice breakfast sea view would highly recommend this hotel hotel is located
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night this summer. It was a great choice, it is a couple of blocks from the bus stop (Sita bus) although a little hard to get there from the port with your suitcase... but all Positano is like this. THe hotel was really nice, room was ok, AC strong!, good WiFi signal, nice terrace to get breakfast and view the bay.... The staff was really nice (I read it is family-run) very friendly. I would recommended for sure!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura A
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. This is because of the fabulous staff who reflect the boutique nature of this hotel. We were there as a group of 5, rooms reflected the traditional nature of the area and our room had a spectacular view over the township and the Mediterranean. The perfect base to explore the Amalfi and Capri with fantastic recommendations from the ever helpful staff in relation to eating and day tours. I experienced a day with ZiaLucia - Lucia grew up in Positano and now takes guided walking trips along this extraordinary coastline. I cannot recommend her walking tours highly enough - insight into local history and way of life that you don't receive generally as a tourist. We would stay at this hotel again.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a sea view and balcony
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Bronwyn C
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had 3 nights at this hotel, as a family of 4. We had a quad room which was huge by European standards. Made up of 2 king size beds in 2 separate rooms connected with an open door way. Our 2 teenage daughters happily shared the other large bed. This could be an issue depending on the make up of your family. Worth checking this if you book a quad room.

The view from our room was excellent, looking out over Positano itself, though not the Mediterrean Sea. The air conditioning worked well which was important as we were there in July and it was very warm, up to 34 C at one point. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, pointing us in the direction of 2 excellent local restaurants and making the bookings for us. It is about a 5-10 min walk down the hill to the beach which is pretty typical for Positano.

The bathroom was large and well appointed and the everything was very, very clean. The main road (there is in fact only 1 road in and 1 road out of Positano) was at the front of the hotel. Despite this we heard no road noise. The only time that noise penetrated the room was Sunday morning from the Church bells across the town (9am, so it was no issue for us as we were already awake and up).

The only criticism was that I found the bed pretty hard, though I guess that's a personal preference and others might disagree. Also, breakfast is continental with nothing hot (unless you wish to pay per order as an extra).

We would stay there again without hesitation.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Trampers
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed here as our base for the Amalfi Coast in July 2011. The location was good, an easy walk to the town and up to the bus stop. Our balcony had a view over the town and the water, it was spectacular to go out and watch the sun set, or just soak up Positano!
Breakfast was included and was a good selection of meats, breads, cakes and pastries. The room was fine, nothing fantastic but covered all the bases, and really, when you're in Positano, how much time do you spend in a hotel room anyway?! It was a good base to walk down to the ferry or up to the bus, the ferries we're more expensive but a lot more reliable.. The buses would strike and some days you'd never know when they would turn up! Would recommend for a reasonably priced well-located hotel, something rare in Positano!

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Thehoneymooners1212
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are clean but only just. The room I had had a view onto someone else's terrace which was at my window and was not very pleasant from a safety point of view. Then at 6am they started building work on the terrace. When I explained this to the hotel reception they refused to do anything. I'd highly recommend not visiting this hotel.

6  Thank anwalsh