All reviewsperfect locationfirst floorlovely hotelthe busfamily ownedbreakfast roomamalfi coastbeach towelstriple roomsea viewrestaurants and shopswould highly recommend this hotelfront desk staffnice breakfastlarge bathroomstaff was very friendly and helpfulminute walk to the beach
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here on a Rick Steves tour. The hotel is well situated, next to the Piazza dei Mulini. The ceramics throughout the hotel decor are fantastic. The front desk and rest of the staff are friendly and helpful. Wireless internet is free and only available in the first floor lounge/bar/breakfast room area.

My room was a double, which is to say it had a double bed, firm. With only one desk chair in the room it would be difficult to accommodate two people in the room. The shower was roomy, the water hot and of good pressure. In the bath there was also a mirror, small side table, toilet, bidet, sink with counter space, a towel warming rack and a hair dryer.

In the room with the bed was a desk, lamp, mini-fridge, TV, full length mirror, hanging rack, phone and armoire with two drawers. The lighting in the bedroom was not good for reading.

The standard breakfast was pastries, juice, coffee or tea, cold cuts, cereal, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. They also have service for freshly prepared eggs and meats for an extra charge.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank SavageRider
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Can't say enough. Beautiful hotel room. Balcony was small, but any balcony in Positano is a beautiful thing. Room had a living room and nice big windows to enjoy the view as well. Buffet breakfast in the morning was simple and very convenient. The hotel is family owned and run and they speak english (among other languages). The hotel helped us with whatever we needed, we bought a bunch of stuff in the town and needed to ship it home. We told the front desk, they called the post office who came to our hotel and we left our stuff with the front desk and they took care of everything. We also told them we needed a ride to Naples airport from the hotel and they made a call and got us a cab for 100 euro flat rate with a wonderful driver who spoke english and entertained us the whole drive. My only regret from this stay was not getting our cab driver's card so I can recommend him on trip advisor too.

2  Thank Kevin A
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights with Hotel Savoia. This is a beautifully quaint hotel. The room was spacious and very clean. We were located just at the top of the shopping district and a short walk from the beach. I would highly recommend the hotel

2  Thank billandsheri523
Reviewed October 1, 2012

After searching Tripadvisor and websites I booked the Hotel Savoia. I thought for the price it might be too good to be true, based on the prices of other hotels in Positano. I took the Junior Suite #420, which is in their website and I couldn't have been happier. The staff were wonderful, friendly and extremely helpful. Our "suite" was very large with two different views. We had a small balcony on one side and a step out balcony on the other. Large bathroom with separate shower and tub. Very Clean and comfortable. Really felt at home. I was concerned about noise, BUT it was super quiet. They just put all new windows in and when they were closed you didn't hear a thing. The location was perfect, not too far up the hill so you could walk easily down to the beach , restaurants and the stores. After being at this hotel, there is no reason to spend more money other places. We did stay at another hotel the first night which was an additional star, BUT for the money, it wasn't necessary. The breakfast which is included was snot as grand as some of the other places, but it did the trick.

Room Tip: My room #420 was a junior suite and it was perfect, two views, private, high enough up. The deck was not completely private if that is a problem for you.
2  Thank karenjim10
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were in Positano for a friend's wedding, so spent a 4 nights at the Savoia. Our room was spacious for the three of us, clean and comfortable. The biggest downsides were probably the fact that the walls are very thin, so you heard phones ringing in neighboring rooms and anyone walking down the hallway, especially the maid service if you weren't up super early. Also it was inconvenient that the free wifi was only accessible on the first floor where they served breakfast as we were trying to meet up with other wedding guests - but in a paradise location like Positano, really we shouldn't have been checking email! Staff was always friendly and helpful with recommendations. The Savoia gives you free towels for the beach, which was very convenient. The free breakfast was pretty nice in comparison to others had on my trip thru Italy, a nice variety of fresh pastries, fruit, etc.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends