All reviews perfect location lovely hotel first floor breakfast room the bus beach towels family owned amalfi coast pastries short walk triple room large bathroom restaurants and shops nice breakfast sea view would highly recommend this hotel hotel is located
Reviewed January 8, 2018

Firstly the hotel is in a great location. We stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed ourselves. If you come or leave Positano by car or bus, this place makes your arrival or departure a no hassle experience. Our room was very nice, we had beach towels made available to us for free. WiFi was fine albeit a tad weak and slow. The price given the time of year we were visiting was reasonable. So we can't fault the hotel for what we expected and paid for.

Where things don't quite feel accepting has probably more to do with being an Amalfi Coast culture issue as opposed to this specific or any specific hotel or tourism operation. Italy is Italy and unlike Rome where we had lots of great banter with the locals, it was our experience (albeit a short stay) that people working in the industry on the Coast are not as talkative and thereofre engaged in your stay, in your existance.

I would say that our stay at Hotel Savoia was satisfactory but it will not be memoriable. Sure the room was nice, even our outlook great. Breakfast was only OK (nothing bad. just OK) and the staff seem mostly hidden away out the back unless you approached the counter. In other words, the hotel didn't feel friendly. Sorry Hotel Savoia but the place feels dead. Even at breakfast the two guys both morning said nothing, oh OK. they asked if we wanted coffee or tea. But no energy, no warmth. Just everyone on site going through the motions. I appreciate others may see their stay differently.

So I think some people will say this place is great, others like me who crave interaction somewhat not so praising of what is on offer. This said, quietness or inaction is not a reason not to book this place. The quality of this mid-price hotel is very good. Like we never saw an ant so i can't comment on that review. Would I stay here again, unlikely as it is unlikely I would return to the Coast at all. Positano is a must go see destination but for us, once was enough. I like to feel wanted and in this place, my wallet was but myself I think not. Ouch .. PS .. Not all is lost .. the general store people down by the beach for drinks and snacks were very friendly and even playful, aka fun. And some of the restaurants serve meals to die for.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank SteveAussie
Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Positano for my wifes sisters wedding, we are australians. Our booking was placed 4 months in advance.

Our room was infested with ants hours after our arrival and the hotel refused to compensate us for the problem. Our expensive organic skin care and shampoos were ruined. We shared our bed with ants for two nights. The hotel offered to bomb our room with chemicals to remove the ants... After intense negotiations, we were offered a smaller room with a single bed for the price of two people. Sharing a single bed is not an option when you are paying 600 euro and per person.

Service was so bad we moved hotels after speaking with employees. We paid to cover the nights we stayed and everything seemed to be okay on check out. Apparently not, and shortly after Hotel Savoia contacted my wifes sisters wedding planner and threatened to cancel the wedding by sending local police to recover the money for the full stay (the nights we didnt sleep in the hotel).

This tension caused a complete family breakdown TWO HOURS before the wedding. We were harassed on facebook by family members of Savoia as a result of panic we were forced to pay.

The day after the wedding we spoke with Federal and Local police who informed us that there was no legtimacy for them to recover the funds in such a way.

Since this stunt, we have had serious family issues. Hotel Savoia are a bunch of criminals and I stronglt recommend not staying there in future.

We spent 2 nights in La Bizante in PERFECT accomodation with beyond excellent service and room.

Hotel Savoia is a cheap option for Positano and if you encounter a problem they will only make it worse.

In addition to this, my wife fell ill on the second night of our stay in Savoia and the hotel concierge lied to us about Positano not having an ambluance. She had a severe kidney infection and suffered for hours until we contacted a local doctor.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
22  Thank kjoshevski
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

This hotel deserves more than 3star. The rooms were spacious and clean. The buffet breakfast was good and with good spread. The staff were friendly. The location was good and is near to the beach and eateries.

I strongly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

(This is an end of Season Review) Wonderfully situated family run hotel with great rooms and great service. They provide beach towels and breakfast. The rooms we were in each had balconies with a good view.

Fairly close to the beach, but there is a climb back up from the beach. Beware the hotels high up! We walked that way once which my phone tracked as 25 floors up!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank ashah2
Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hidden treasure of a family run hotel. Rated three stars this hotel should be rated five stars. In the heart of Positano, the hospitable staff are all family members so they bend over backwards to make everyone’s stay as comfortable as possible. We had a balcony room overlooking the Main Street and a few moments away from the beach. It was very quiet as the room was set back and the windows double glazed. Bathroom luxurious with double shower. Breakfasts are sumptuous with fresh fruit, tomatoes, breads and pastries including mini famous Sfogliatella. Hope to be back again soon

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends