1,346 results
All reviews infinity pool sun deck our honeymoon lemon terrace junior suite private beach pool attendant amazing views beautiful hotel amalfi coast music on the rocks breakfast terrace turn down service jacuzzi tub overlooking the sea standard room hotel guests
Reviewed August 23, 2016

My son and his bride were married in May at the Hotel Marincanto. We stayed elsewhere, but took the opportunity to check out the rooms overlooking the ocean. The staff was kind and accommodating. A rain storm was just ending prior to the wedding. A small army of workers dried the tables and chairs, preparing the huge balcony overlooking the sea for the wedding party of about 40 people. It was enchanting! Located close to town for shopping and the finest restaurants, It's hard to imagine a nicer place to stay.This is an exceptional property in one of the most beautiful locations I've ever seen.

Room Tip: Ocean Views are best - Avoid the Inside rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Stevan D
Reviewed August 21, 2016

Beautiful hotel, enticed by their website that says "ALL rooms have balconies and seaside views." Not so. Our room had NO windows, let alone a balcony; and it seemed to be carved into the cliff (It felt like a dungeon). The manager tried appeasing me by delivering a bottle of champagne to the room while I was out and about. Unfortunately, I don't drink! While the manager was professional, she had a very different interpretation of what "All rooms have balconies." meant. Sadly, she told me of the thousands of guests, I was the ONLY ONE to complain about this room. I hope they make changes to their description on their website. Nonetheless, if you have not been to Positano, I highly recommend it. There is another hotel there that was superb..The Hotel Villa Franca...awesome stay with spectacular seaside views and balconies! They were booked in my extended stay and therefore had to move to another hotel.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rrangel1128
Reviewed August 18, 2016

Just spent there 4 beautiful nights over there, simply gorgeous! For me this hotel ticked all the right boxes - great view, proximity to the beach, pool, location near the center ( about 10 minutes to the marina). Nevertheless, the enjoyment factor heavily depends on the fact how lucky you'll be with the room. My was ok, a bit tiered, but clean and with spectacular view. The main problem was the Internet, as it has been already mentioned by other treveleers, the speed is slow, very very slow.

Stayed: August 2016
1  Thank Edelweis2011
Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed here for 5 nights as part of a 3 week tour of Italy.

We loved it.

- views over Positano are spectacular. Some of the best in Positano.

- it's absolute beach frontage and has direct access to a private beach which was a massive win. We used this every day, there is a great restaurant/bar attached to this which is sep to the hotel but you have access.

- bedrooms are a great size, serviced regularly and again stunning views over Positano.

- the hotel is literally a stones throw to the main town but is just far enough removed to make it even more special. You can go and enjoy the atmosphere and then go and escape back at the hotel.

- all the staff were amazing, nothing was ever too much trouble and always done with a smile.

- breakfast was great and served on the outdoor terrace with the spectacular views.

- location wise you are very close to some great bars and restaurants, highly recommend going to Francos each evening for sunset cocktails, this was only a couple of doors down. Great music and great cocktails.

We will come back here again and will be recommending to all of our friends visiting Positano in the future.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank michaelnk
Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

We all so loved Hotel MARINCANTO!
Words can't express the beauty of the atmosphere and views in every direction. The HOTEL staff were very accomadating and friendly! The food was excellent! The rooms beautiful large and clean new! Hotel MARINCANTO is a 'Memorable' experience that will linger with you long after your gone. When you share your experience with others it will only make you smile! Embrace your stay!

Andrea C.-California