Villa Fiorentino
Hotel Ancora(Positano)
Hotel Eden Roc(Positano)
Hotel Poseidon(Positano)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshoneymoon suiteprimaverainfinity poolprivate dining experiencesole apartmentgarden suiteplace to stayserved directlyquick checkimmediately felt at homeamazing viewsentire familywelcome drinkthe blue roompoolside barunforgettable experiencefamily owned
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We had our wedding here in September of 2009. We came a year earlier to celebrate my birthday & also scope out venues for our wedding. The minute we walked into the villa & were greeted by Paola & Domenico, we knew we wanted to have our wedding here.

Villa Fiorentino is absolutely gorgeous, with a backdrop that you cannot get anywhere else. The villa itself has undergone some great improvements over the last few years, and is in amazing condition. The infiniti pool has a priceless view. The flowers & grapes that hang over the villa are beautiful. The rooms in the villa are furnished impeccably & every balcony has an amazing view.

Paola & Domenico are the most welcoming & professional people. Their hospitality is like none other. After only staying there a day, we knew we wanted our wedding here & promptly booked it for the following year. My parents rented the entire villa for our close family & friends which made the wedding that much more special. My wedding ceremony (a traditional Bengali/Hindu one....first ever in Positano!!) was on the large terrace & then transformed into the dinner & reception after. We had about 120 people at the wedding (a HUGE destination wedding) yet Paola & Domenico accommodated all of our changes seamlessly. The split level cocktails after the wedding was a wonderful solution by Domenico to account for the growing guest list. Paola's lemon cake for my wedding was one of the best I have ever tasted!

The family truly makes all of their events a family affair & you feel like a part of their extended family long after you have left. As a result, we plan to visit Villa Fiorentino in the future to continue the amazing memories that we will treasure for a lifetime.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank Anouska14
Reviewed 15 May 2011

We rented the entire villa for our wedding with our family in April 2011. We arrived during a horrible rain storm and, the minute we arrived, they had porters with umbrellas for us taking in all of our bags. Without saying anything to them, they gave the hanging bag carrying my dress its own umbrella and got that into our room nice and dry. One of our bags was so incredibly heavy that, to this day, I have no idea how that man put the bag on his back and walked up all of those stairs. We went immediately into one of the villas where some of our family had already arrived. Waiting to greet us were Papa Fiorentino, Domenico, and Paola with all kinds of food, beer, and other drinks. What a reception after the first part of our day was as bad as "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" without the humor of John Candy and Steve Martin. We were so tired and didn't feel like going out for dinner that night so Domenico ordered an amazing spread of food for us. The rooms were so beautiful and were exactly as I expected (except the Honeymoon Suite bathroom was smaller than expected but there is a second one outdoors that you can send the groom to :-) Sogno d' Amore was probably my favorite apartment. There were a lot of steps but we expected this and it wasn't that big of a deal. You just don't want to climb up and realize you forgot something...so plan ahead! I am big on cleanliness and this place certainly passed the test. We spent two weeks in Italy (Rome, Positano, Florence, Lucca, Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Venice) and the best meal of our entire trip was a place recommended by Domenico (Costantino). By the way, the pools (main pool and Honeymoon Suite pool) were heated, which was a pleasant surprise since it was a little cool while we were there. We arranged all transportation through Aristide, and the prices were the same as if you arranged on your own. I ended being thankful we did this because we left our brand new camera in the van in the chaos of arriving during the rain storm and got it back (they were a company local to Positano).

Side note - Delta/Alitalia lost my Dad and Stepmom's luggage and my Dad checked his meds (bad idea, but oh well). He has very high blood pressure and after not getting his bags back, we were all concerned. Turns out Papa Fiorentino used to be a cardiologist and he was able to give my Dad a checkup as well as medication he needed. My Dad got nowhere with Alitalia and once Domenico got on the phone with them, the bags arrived the next day (day after the wedding - just in time for my Dad to haul them back home only for Delta to lose the large bag for good this time!)

The wedding - They put so much work into the setup for the ceremony and reception and it was such a wonderful experience. The staff who worked the reception were so incredibly professional and VERY attentive. We never wanted for anything. The only disappointment was that the veal was very tough and my fish had a bunch of bones, but the wonderful server noticed I had encountered bones by the look on my face and immediately brought me a new piece. However, the appetizers, the first course, the cake made by Paola and additional desserts they brought us were all AMAZING.

When we left, Paola and Domenico greeted us and gave us some lovely gifts upon leaving. They also gave us gifts at our reception. I just can't say enough about how loving this family was. My Dad and Papa Fiorentino looked like best friends in spite of the language barrier. There is nowhere else I would want to stay and nothing else on our trip compared to this experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank jmsatl
Reviewed 13 May 2011

We just came back from our honeymoon here and stayed in the Victoria apartment. We had our 6-month old with us so wanted something practical that still had the wow factor, and this did not disappoint. The kitchen was fully stocked and the washing machine, microwave and dishwasher were a Godsend and enabled us to cook for ourselves a few nights. The apartment itself was huge and had an amazing, large, private terrace where we spent most of our holiday just admiring the stunning views. The pool area is spectacular and even better than it looks on the website! The Fiorentino family could not have been more welcoming and helpful - the highlight was my birthday when Paola arranged for a chef to come over from Sorrento to cook me a 5-course meal on the terrace! They even arranged for a babysitter to keep an eye on our little girl while we ate. I had the perfect honeymoon and could not have asked for more. There are a lot of steps (around 400 down to the beach) but we managed it every day with our baby, a stroller and all her stuff - in fact, we were glad of the exercise to burn off all the amazing food! But if you really don't like exercise then you may be better off staying at a hotel nearer the beach.

Room Tip: Victoria apartment was perfect for a family
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Kingey1975
Reviewed 7 April 2011

We hired this whole place for our wedding in 2009 and the day after the ceremony someone broke into the honeymoon suite and stole all the brides jewellry!
The wedding itself was dramatically over priced for what we eventually got - which was different to what we were promised in advance! The year before when we booked it all the owners couldn't have been more charming! The minute they had our money they
gave us a cheap version of everything we'd ordered.
We had even spent a year reminding them we wanted round tables at the reception, and on the day what did we get? Square tables. The reason - they had bought them for another party.
So in effect they had spent a year lying to us.

Room Tip: You will need to be very fit to handle the steps
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
9  Thank GillyB094
Reviewed 20 February 2011

We were recommended Villa Fiorentino by two other couples, including one who got married there. Our expectations were pretty high upon arriving and we were not disappointed. We stayed in the lower apartment, which was huge and had a nice sized kitchen. And more importantly, the terrace was almost as big as the apartment with views that you only see in paintings. The location is prime for Positano and is a short walk to the beach (there are always going to be lots of stairs involved in Positano). On the accomodations...the Villa is very private and quiet, and most of the bedrooms have shuttered glass double doors that open up to views of the sea. The family that owns the Villa is sooo kind and generous. Dr. Vito gave us a personal tour of the whole place, including picking our own fresh fruit out of their citrus grove. If we ever make it back to Positano, this is definitely the place we will stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple