See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 30, 2016

Spent a total of 8 nights at the location a few weeks ago. Whilst it is not cheap, it is definitely worth it given the quality time spent relaxing in the wonderful surroundings.
We were two couples with three young children and we were given adjacent rooms at the far end of the complex. To explain, this complex is located within the Golf Course of the Donnafugata resort and is composed of a number of different villas. We were given the last villa with rooms 11 & 12. The grounds around the villa were immaculately kept whilst the pool was around 200 metres away. The downside is that the roads are not tarmacked and hence it is not ideal to walk it to the pool. Furthermore, the breakfast area is located at a distance and hence every morning we had to drive there. Unfortunately this is not described accurately in the site but one gets used to it quite easily.
WIFI is excellent all throughout the complex.
The pool is a dream in my opinion, very clean and with ample space to relax around. Furthermore, we were lucky that in the villa were the pool was located there were very few people staying and in fact they were almost never at the pool. As a person previously commented, the unfortunate circumstance is that there is no toilet nearby and hence we would need to go back to our rooms.
Breakfast itself is good in my opinion, and there was something to please everyone's tastes. Furthermore the service was extremely efficient and courteous.
The same cannot be said of the cleaners who did not properly clean our rooms and also did not replace the basic hygiene materials adequately.
Finally a word about Marisa, yes I too found her lacking courteousness and basic manners however this could also be an issue with language since her English is terrible. When we spoke to each other in Italian we managed to patch things over and make sure we had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded September 2, 2016

Dear Customer,
thank you for your positive comment and we are happy about your pleasant stay in our hotel.
Unfortunately, both rooms were very messy : shopping bags, food and bevarage everywhere. Our cleaners weren't allowed to do an excellent daily cleaning.
We didn't want to be rude in suggesting you to have an appropriate behavior for a 4 stars hotel.
Sure enough, our manager remembered you to not make noise in the pool area and to be respectful towards other guests.
Besides, in our hotel it's forbidden to leave rubbish outdoor and to do barbecue, like you did .
We apologize to you for not having the rules of a camping .

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

After carefully choosing this resort I was nothing but disappointed and unimpressed by my visit. The place itself is beautiful as the golf course is very well kept however the images on booking.com and on the hotel website are deceptive. The golf course is not actually part of the hotel it is shared between this hotel and the Donnafugata resort down the road and to play golf you have to go to the other resort to book lessons, get equipment etc. The houses where the rooms are in are very isolated and very far between and the breakfast room is in another building at the entrance which you have to drive to every morning, cannot get there by foot as it is quite far. We were told the room was 300mt away from the pool, being a 4 star hotel I expected there to be a pathway to walk to the pool but there wasn't I had to walk through bushes and golf courses just to go for a swim. The pool itself was lovely but was shared by 6 rooms not 4 as the website claimed. There are no facilities by the pool no shower or toilets we had to ask the woman who runs the place Marisa to open a common room which was locked in order to have at least a toilet to utilise when by the pool.
The pictures and description of the restaurant were also a lie because when we got there the restaurant had been closed and there was not one table or chair to relax on or just enjoy the view instead we were welcomed by a large empty courtyard space which looked very squalid. Again the lack of restaurant was annoying because there were basically NO facilities in this hotel and it's at least a 15/20min drive from the nearest town.
The room is beautiful, big and spacious however the cleanliness was not great. When we arrived we had to wait 20mins under the hot sun because our room was not cleaned yet. The first morning we went to breakfast and since the hotel didn't offer any notice to put on the door I assumed that the cleaners would come after breakfast hours. I was SHOCKED when I got back from breakfast at 9.30am to see our room door wide open and 2 cleaners and a handyman inside. I hadn't closed my luggage or put away my important personal belongings and it felt like a complete invasion of my privacy. I have never had this happen to me in a hotel and I travel a lot. The day after when we got back from the pool around 6/7pm I was even more shocked to discover the gardener had also entered our room without notice to place some swimsuits we left outside on our bed!!! It seemed like the rooms were a free for all. We complained with Marisa who very bluntly told us as soon as the room is empty anyone can go in, which is outrageous.
The breakfast was below average, the pastry was all frozen and the breakfast room was incredibly squalid also; a big white room, deadly silent and breakfast was served by the cleaning staff.
Overall the worst part of my stay was having to deal with Marisa the 'manager' who was nothing short of rude, inefficient, aggressive and wholly unprofessional. Every complaint I made she practically attacked me and had an excuse for everything. She took no responsibility at all for the fact that the pictures on the website did not reflect the resort and denied the pictures being there although until this day they are. On the last day we wanted to express that we were not that happy about the cleanliness in the room (spiderwebs on the walls, footprints on the floor, sheets were dirty and had a hole in them, glass found on the floor) considering we were paying over €150 per night I thought Marisa would be professional and understanding enough to offer discount or at least apologise (considering I had photographic evidence). Instead we were attacked, she was sat at the desk almost shouting at us saying she refused to give us discount because she knew I would write a bad review....which almost seemed like being blackmail and left my friend I with a bitter taste in our mouths when we left. We had to argue for 15mins in order to achieve a €20 discount! I have NEVER been treated or spoken to like that in a hotel and I would not recommend anyone to go there the other resort Donnafugata that we visited seemed a lot more professional and had better facilities including the entry to the golf course.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank TaraWil1
Reviewed July 31, 2016

To be clear, you can't play golf at this hotel. Also, it is not really a hotel at all but a series of lodges which are set around a golf course (no access to the golf though). Our lodge was set under olive trees, with an outdoor pool just outside overlooking the golf course.

The lodge was large, very clean and had all the things we needed.

To get to breakfast you need to drive to the main lodge (about 2min drive for us) - the staff were just amazing. So friendly and helped us to sort out the things to see in the area and even helped us pay a parking fine we got in a nearby town - in addition, they had a special 'Gluten Free' breakfast for my wife and son..

So thoughtful and friendly - they made this the perfect place for us to relax and stay a few days

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

Usually not fond of hotels on golf courses. This Locanda is an exception! Wonderful little buildings scattered along a golf course. Nice big and well furnished rooms. Good TV programming and internet working real well to be in Sicily. Personnel competent and extremely friendly. Good breakfast. Super clean. Good ratio quality/price.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2016

The hotel has 12 rooms and we had a very comfortable accomodation: a big room, clean and well equipped. Free wifi. Very near to the entrance of the golf course Donna Fugata at a very competitive rate.The restaurant should be improved: food was not exciting and the service was slow.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family